The Hearth at Castle Gardens

Reviews of The Hearth at Castle Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for The Hearth at Castle Gardens

May 26, 2020

By Linda Gance

My Father lived at Castle Gardens for years and he loved it there. They gave him his independence but always looked out for him. They loved my father and he loved them. I highly recommend Castle Gardens. The staff is wonderful, food good and the administrator is so kind. If you have a parent that needs some help but can no longer be safe alone in their own home Castle Gardens is an excellent option.

October 18, 2019

By Mike

The Hearth at Castle Gardens didn't really impress me. It's a large establishment, and the room available was like a half mile away from the dining facility. Even the gal there wasn't that warm, she was young, and she kind of rubbed me in the wrong way. They had dining areas in different areas. The facility seemed clean, but they were expensive. They had a little sitting area with TV in there.

March 04, 2017

By Thomas145227

I liked the Hearth at Castle Gardens and its rooms. It was clean, and the people were friendly. There weren’t any activities happening at the time I was there, but they showed me a calendar of events. The room they showed me was an efficiency with a small kitchenette, living room, and a separate bedroom and separate bathroom. Everything was good, and it was very easy to get to.

Dear Thomas, thank you for taking the time write and review and providing us with feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us while visiting The Hearth at Castle Gardens.

November 24, 2016

By Rob161087

The Hearth was a very nice place, but unfortunately my father can’t afford it. The staff was friendly and gave us a lot of information. The apartments were clean and nice size. The residents looked happy.

Thank you for your feedback! We are dedicated to offering the very best in lifestyles and care at the Hearth at Castle Gardens. We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience while visiting us. Thanks again, Pam Stento, Executive Director

November 05, 2016

By Julius172478

Everybody was very nice at The Hearth, but it was too expensive. It’s well kept and comfortable.

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you had a positive experience while visiting us here at the Hearth at Castle Gardens! Thanks again, Pam Stento, Executive Director

September 30, 2016

By Mike680313

We visited Castle Gardens, and it was very nice. They gave us a good tour, it was more than adequate for me, and it met what I was looking for. I thought it was physically pleasing and clean, and the apartments were fine. I thought the services provided were fine, the meals and menu looked good, and the director was nice and personable. I liked talking with her.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are pleased that you had a positive experience visiting The Hearth at Castle Gardens. If there is anything I can be of assistance with please feel free to contact me. Sincerely, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

September 14, 2016

By Donna685747

The Hearth at Castle Garden is very nice. My only issue with it is that it is pricey and, of course, they take no Medicaid whatsoever. The facility itself is very nice. It’s clean, no foul odors to it, and the staff is very pleasant. The dining room looks very nice. I know they have a couple of different choices; it was not just one for all.

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to offer the very best in lifestyles and care, and are glad to hear that you had a good visit with us. If you are in need of any further assistance at this time, please feel free to give me a call at (607) 748-5700. Thanks again, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

August 26, 2016

By JHmyrtle

The Hearth at Castle Gardens is a wonderful place! My Mom lives there and feels safe, comfortable, and enjoys the family atmosphere. Everyone is very caring and it starts at the Front Desk with Carol when you walk in the door! We (Mom's family) are very happy she is living there. We know she is safe, in a very nice apartment and well cared for. Thank you to all at The Hearth at Castle Gardens!

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you have had such a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens. We are lucky to have your mother as part of our Hearth family! Sincerely, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

July 29, 2016

By Visitor426556

Our visit at The Heart at Castle Gardens turned out to be very good. The place was very nice and had good rooms and meals. The staff was nice, and the residents were good. Their price was also reasonable. Overall, it’s a nice place, and I would recommend it for anyone.

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to offer the very best in lifestyles and care, and are glad that you had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens! If you are in need of any further assistance at this time, please feel free to give me a call anytime at (607) 748-5700. Thanks again, Pamela Stento Executive Director

December 29, 2015

By CS1

We were very impressed when we toured The Hearth. They informed us of what we needed to know, what to do, and to call them if we had any questions. The staff were awesome. They were well trained in how to deal with dementia patients. I thought the setup was perfect for somebody in the state of mind that my mother-in-law was in. They had a nice patio where the residents can go outside even though they can’t leave.

Thanks again, Pamela Stento Executive Director

December 17, 2015

By MC77

My father recently moved into The Hearth at Castle Gardens, and the experience has been very good and positive. Everything has been great - staff, other residents, the apartment, services, activities, and meals. No complaints, at all. The community is not very large, and I think that is a plus - it's more home-like and easier to know the staff and residents. My father quickly acquired new friends, with whom he shares meals, card games, and other activities. The activities are plentiful and are a good mix of physical and mental exercise, and they encourage companionship with other residents. The recent holiday party was first class! I highly recommend this facility!

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are so happy that your father has joined our family here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens and we are glad that you have had such a positive experience with us. We are lucky to have the opportunity to care for your father! Sincerely, Pamela Stento Executive Director

October 27, 2015

Castle Gardens has apartments for their assisted living, so that was really nice. They have one-bedroom apartments with a kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom.

Thank you for your feedback. We are dedicated to offering the very best in lifestyles and care at The Hearth at Castle Gardens, and are glad that you had a positive experience with us! Thanks again, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

April 21, 2014

My sister and her husband used to live in the Hearth, and it was very nice. The activities were good if you chose to participate in them. The rooms were very nice and very well-maintained. I liked the staff best.

Independent Living Reviews for The Hearth at Castle Gardens

September 30, 2016

By Gabrielle500271

The Hearth at Castle Gardens was very nice, and I liked it. It seemed like there was quite enough staff, and they were all really nice and very friendly. The room I saw was very nice and perfect for me. It was fairly nice-sized. The room had a full kitchen, a living room, a balcony, enough closets, a bathroom, and a bedroom. The facility was very clean and well-kept. The location was about four miles from my old home. I liked that because I'm from this area, and I would like to stay here. I would recommend this facility to anyone. I tried the food, and I liked it.

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you had a positive experience visiting our community and are delighted you have chosen The Hearth! If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me. Sincerely, Pamela Stento, Executive Director

March 20, 2016

By Michele33

The Hearth at Castle Gardens was very nice, clean, and well kept, and looked like it had a lot of activities and a nice, full dining area. The people were very nice. The lady who assisted me with the tour gave me a lot of information. The apartment that I saw was a two-bedroom with a very small kitchen but nice-sized bedrooms and bathroom. They had a living room with a large TV, fireplace, lots of chairs, and tea and lemonade. Everything was really neat, tidy, and clean. The people seemed very friendly, and it looked like the residents could always find something to do. There's also transportation available.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us here at The Hearth at Castle Gardens! If you are in need of any further assistance at this time, please feel free to give me a call anytime at (607) 748-5700. Sincerely, Pamela Stento Executive Director

Memory Care Reviews for The Hearth at Castle Gardens

Questions about The Hearth at Castle Gardens

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Hearth at Castle Gardens. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age for Castle Gardens is approximately 80 years old. Their favorite things to do in our community is to socialize with their peers, activities and share a delicious meal with their neighbors.

What programs or activities does The Hearth at Castle Gardens offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Hearth at Castle Gardens offers to enrich residents well-being through the following: Think More- is Hearth's version of cognitive brain exercise classes meeting the needs of resident who choose to be involved in a stimulating class setting with lessons and material residents are interested in. Wellness Program-

Costs for The Hearth at Castle Gardens

Photos of The Hearth at Castle Gardens

Services and Amenities of The Hearth at Castle Gardens

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 030-S-044

About The Hearth at Castle Gardens

Our expertly trained staff is handpicked to provide the best services you wouldn't find anywhere else. At The Hearth at Castle Gardens, it is not just senior living, it is better living.

Does the idea of carefree living appeal to you? How about the idea that we pay attention to the details to enrich your life and help you Live More? The Hearth at Castle Gardens, a senior living community located in Vestal, NY, offers independent living, enriched living and memory care that values your individuality and enhances your life.

Our Senior living community is designed to offer you maintenance-free living so you can pursue your interests. If you require a helping hand, it's there, almost before you knew you needed it. If a little more assistance is needed, an easy transition to Enriched Living is possible, without ever needing to change apartments.

Through our warm and welcoming, purposefully designed environment, as well as a full range of services, amenities and activities, residents have countless opportunities to pursue their passions, find purpose and fulfillment, and feel proud to call The Hearth home.

Kitchenettes in rooms, wellness aides; we are the only community in the southern tier that offers this service free of charge. 12 hour a day activity programs, 365 days a year. We offer actual apartment style independent living with care if needed and on site physical therapy.

Map of The Hearth at Castle Gardens