Glen Arden

Assisted Living Reviews for Glen Arden

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Glen Arden

August 29, 2017

By Carolyn

My father has been living at Glen Arden for eight years. He is very happy there because there are so many opportunities for social interaction. In addition to movies, in-house cultural entertainment and day trips to local points of interest, residents often organize small groups for those who would like to share a hobby. For example, there have been current events discussion groups, book groups, and groups that meet to create art, crafts, and poetry. I have met many residents and many staff members, and everyone is positive and supportive. The atmosphere and physical environment are lovely. Our family appreciates the thoughtfulness put into this well-run facility.

May 19, 2017

By gmrsubscriptions

There are lots of issues with this facility. Administrator appears to lack credentials and ability to operate a facility of this caliber which required the employment of Chrystal Run Healthcare to oversee and manage the Healthcare Center. Food service has been horrible. For several months they couldn't get or maintain dining room staff so they had to resort to buffet service. Imagine people with walkers trying to negotiate that setup. It just didn't work. The dining room runs out of food and had a challenge delivering food to diners that is hot and cooked properly. As for the apartments... we've had challenges with room doors de-laminating, windows that don't move easy enough for an elderly person to open and close, heating/AC that doesn't work at times, just to name a few challenges. Work orders sometimes take a long time to be addressed. I could go on and on... Let's just say that my mom is very unhappy and I wish we never selected Glen Arden as a place for my parents to live.

July 29, 2016

By Elaine444106

Glen Arden is a continuing care community, and it is very, very nice. You put down a deposit according to your needs. You get one meal a day, plus a nice snack bar for other meals. They have a lovely dining room where we had an excellent meal. We also attended a workshop on "what is a continuing care community," so that was very interesting for all of us. They have lovely apartments with one bedroom, a living room, and a small kitchen. They have a swimming pool, different exercises, and a bus that goes out constantly to shopping and what not. They have very lovely activities. You don’t get the feeling that you are put in an old folk’s home.

September 29, 2013

I visited Glen Arden because it was not far from us. The facility was very nice. They have very nice apartments especially their two-bedroom and their bedroom with a den. They would re-do them for the new occupants. Some of the apartments did have balconies but they were rather small.

May 28, 2013

By Caring 5845

I had friends in Glen Arden. There were two dining rooms, one was where the residents ate and they got three meals a day. The bigger dining room was where the food was catered when we had our Christmas parties there and it could hold about 100 people. They also had a beautiful library and swimming pool. I had seen several rooms and they were well-furnished and nice. There was a choice of one bedroom or two bedroom.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

About Glen Arden

Refund Plans: 90% of Entrance Fee; 75% of Entrance Fee (Price: 75% of Entrance Fee). Full Life Care - Non-Refundable Unlimited home services and nursing care. (Price: 50% of Entrance Fee). Other life care options available.

Map of Glen Arden