The Elms of Cranbury

Reviews of The Elms of Cranbury

Nursing Home Reviews for The Elms of Cranbury

December 21, 2012

By rwnstdnt

My grandmother had a stroke and lost the use of her left side of her body. She required almost round the clock care to make sure that she was fed and changed. She also needed physical therapy to strengthen her able side. During her stay, she had a case of C-Dif which caused severe dehydration due to the diarrhea she was having. The staff did a decent job at making sure she was clean when they were able to. I visited the facility on many occasions with my mother who is an RN at a hospital not far from the home. She was satisfied with the level of care that we received but would still go out of her way to change my grandmother if the staff was busy. The people there were very friendly and very helpful. They ever gave us access to the refrigerator to store some snacks for my grandmother to eat in between meals. The physical therapist checked in with her daily and gave us exercises to do with her. Overall, the staff were fairly attentive to ours and my grandmother's needs during her stay.

December 11, 2012

By kathys929

The Elms of Cranbury is a very nice facility. The decor is beautiful, almost like a hotel. The rooms were comfortable and the dining room was very fancy. It looks like an upscale restaurant. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone who is interested.

April 08, 2012

By Angry spouse

This place exists only to take your insurance money without providing care. My husband went there after surgery to regain strength in his legs. I was told he would receive individualized exercise at least twice daily. Exercise was once daily and all patients, from Alzheimers to strokes to anyone else got the same regime. He was not allowed to walk even to the bathroom -- they required the he go only 10 feet in a wheelchair - so of course he was guaranteed to not regain strength. Wheelchair requirement created another problem -- toileting. They did not respond to his calls for help to get to the bathroom, and I often found him wet in the bed when I got there. They tried to block my withdrawing him, insisting he needed to daty the full time allowed by insurance. I worked with him myself to get him walking. When we left the facility, against regulations they refused to provide a wheelchair. We walked out together with pride and relief at leaving a totally horrible facility. Looks nice, but don't waste your money there.

Memory Care Reviews for The Elms of Cranbury

Services and Amenities of The Elms of Cranbury

About The Elms of Cranbury

The Elms of Cranbury is a senior living provider in Cranbury, New Jersey that offers residents Nursing Homes and Memory Care. Contact The Elms of Cranbury for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Elms of Cranbury