Avery Place

Reviews of Avery Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Avery Place

May 10, 2016

By HelenYGNUE

Avery Place was the only place available. The staff is very good, and we’re very happy with them. They have a very nice common dining area and the food is good. The rooms are more than adequate, but the people cleaning the apartments and taking out the trash don’t do a good job. They have music, bingo, sing-alongs, balloon volleyball, excursions to different areas, and movies showings with popcorn.

January 26, 2016

By SJ4

I love Avery Place. There were obvious attempts to provide a wonderful setting for people to stay. They had some people staying already, and they were about to open another wing. It's clean, and very nice inside. They had a grand piano; which someone who is living there, a volunteer or a guest could play. I met their activities director; he was delightful, and just seemed truly interested in the guest. He didn't name anybody. He was very conscious of private things. He also told me they found out one man really loved basketball, and he was in a wheelchair. They got a basketball either adjusted or got another one, so he could use it. They had a list of activities. The rooms were beautiful. I deliberately came at mealtime so I could see the food. It looked good, and the people seemed to be enjoying it.

February 23, 2015

Avery Place is the only facility that would keep my husband’s parents together, and my husband’s mother has Alzheimer’s. What made us impressed was that it’s small and it’s closer to our home; it’s an assisted living place with a keypad lock door. The service is above and beyond, and it’s wonderful. It’s a wonderful environment, and for all the patients that they have there, it’s a friendly, homey environment. The size is an asset. They participate in church on Sunday afternoons, she wanted him to be on his side, and this facility is where she can be out of his sight, and they know everybody is watching her like a hawk. She interacts with the other residents there, and it’s good for the state of mind that she is in. We’re really very blessed to have found it.

July 19, 2014

By Selma2

We visited a room that was well decorated, and that was very nice. The facility is neat and clean enough. The staff was very pleasant. The lady that I spoke to did a fantastic sales job, and that is what I thought I got from them: a sales talk. Overall, it was OK.

Costs for Avery Place

Photos of Avery Place

Services and Amenities of Avery Place

• Assisted Living Starting At: $2002/month
  • Get Costs

About Avery Place

Avery Place, our Winterville senior living community, provides thoughtful, compassionate care in a warm, lively community. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident. A full-time registered nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. We welcome pets and help our residents flourish by offering a variety of activities, such as live entertainment, crosswords, board games, bingo, therapy dogs, arts and crafts, movies, daily exercise programs, and church services. We go on scenic rides, visits to museums, stores, and concerts, parades, and festivals, such as the car show and pet picnic. Schedule a visit to learn more about senior living near Athens today.

Map of Avery Place