Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital

Reviews of Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital

Nursing Home Reviews for Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital

December 29, 2012

By heidi monique

I visited this Convalescent Hospital today. I have been to many and have grown up going to them since I was small visiting with church and singing when I was young and in school. I have never smelled anything as horrible as the pungent pee smell that attacked me when I walked in today. Buzzers went off down across the hall about every 5 minutes (the same lady kept hitting her button which was so loud, great song "you are my sunshine" but non the less, very disturbing. I could not imagine resting through that. My husbands grandfather was beginning to get a bed soar so they had him on a blow up mattress. I was a bit surprised by that. Anyhow, this was very discouraging. I am grateful I did not bring my 6 year old to visit her Great Grandfather in this Convalescent Hospital.

September 28, 2011

By Jenny2

Last December I accompanied a friend visiting her uncle, a patient at Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital. I dreaded the trip, expecting a gloomy and morbid atmosphere in such a place. I was pleasantly surprised to find the place warm, cheerful, and well lit. The staff was friendly, and extremely attentive to the patients. The entire place was very clean and pleasant smelling. Most of the patients I encountered were actually smiling. They even had holiday decorations including a large tree in the visiting area. Overall, it felt more like a big family home than a cold facility.One thing that really surprised me was the dogs. Several small, very friendly dogs wearing holiday sweaters were wandering around. They were sweet and friendly to both patients and visitors. I was very impressed, and relived that the trip was much more pleasant than expected. If I ever have to enter such a facility, I hope it is this one.

Services and Amenities of Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital

About Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital

Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital is a senior living provider in San Andreas, California that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital for more details on services and rates.

Map of Mark Twain Convalescent Hospital