5 Assisted Living Facilities near Stanardsville, VA
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Stanardsville area, with 2 in Stanardsville and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Stanardsville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Stanardsville 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Boston with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stanardsville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Stanardsville, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stanardsville
Stanardsville is a very small town occupying just 0.3 square miles at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia. The town is part of Greene County, which has 19, 779 residents, 17.4% of whom are aged 65 years or older. This population is served by Stanardsville's two assisted living facilities. In Stanardsville and throughout all of Virginia, these facilities are officially known as Assisted Living Facilities. They are overseen by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stanardsville
- Stanardsville sees a good amount of rain per year, with 44 inches on average. The town also gets an average of 15 inches of snow annually. Seniors who may be affected by damp weather can talk to their care providers about ways to stay comfortable.
- Seniors on a budget will appreciate that the cost of living in Stanardsville is relatively inexpensive, just 6.9% higher than the national average. It is important to note, however, that the most expensive spending sector is healthcare, which costs seniors over 50% more than if they lived elsewhere in the United States.
- Violent crime in Stanardsville is quite low with a rating of 12.9 out of 100, which is nearly 10% lower than the national average. Property crime is also below the national average with a score of 31.5 out of 100. Seniors can always talk to their assisted living providers about ways to maximize their safety.
- The Stanardsville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the University of Virginia Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- As a designated Historic District, Stanardsville has attractive landmarks and architecture for seniors to tour. The town also has an Arts Guild which promotes local artistic events.
- Stanardsville seniors benefit from Virginia's retirement-friendly tax incentives. The state does not tax Social Security, nor does it have an inheritance or an estate tax. Withdrawals from retirement accounts are only partially-taxed, as is private and public pension income.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stanardsville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Stanardsville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stanardsville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stanardsville
Stanardsville seniors can apply for the Auxiliary Grant which helps eligible residents pay for assisted living services with a monthly subsidy that is paid directly to their assisted living facility of choice.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stanardsville
Stanardsville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stanardsville, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stanardsville
Stanardsville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Stanardsville
Review of The Harbor at Renaissance
My father is at The Harbor at Renaissance. They refer to the whole complex normally as The Renaissance, but there are three levels of care. Renaissance is the assisted living, Harbor is the memory ... Read more
Review of The Harbor at Renaissance
We chose The Harbor at Renaissance for my wife and its fine so far. The community looks very nice, clean, and modern. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and they call me and talk to me when so... Read more
Review of Renaissance Assisted Living
I visited this assisted living unannounced. The staff were wonderful, very friendly and informative. The place is newly refurbished and is spotless. The staff introduced me to resident, who each sa... Read more