112 Assisted Living Facilities near Glenside, PA
Also serving communities of Rydal.
There are 112 Assisted Living Facilities in the Glenside area, with 2 in Glenside and 110 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 627 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Glenside. Better rated regions include Wyncote with an average rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Glenside, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Glenside, PA
110 Assisted Living Facilities near Glenside, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Glenside
Considered a suburb of Philadelphia, Glenside, Pennsylvania, borders the northwest side of the city. Patriotic seniors may enjoy watching the 4th of July parade, which was first held in 1904 and is one of the country's oldest, consecutively run Independence Day parades. The area is home to around 8,000 people and more than 13% of residents are aged 65 and over.
Seniors can find accommodation at one of the two assisted living facilities in Glenside or in one of the 111 other facilities located in nearby communities. These are known as Assisted Living Residences and are licensed and monitored by Pennsylvania's Department of Human Services' Office of Long-Term Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Glenside
- The Glenside area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Chestnut Hill Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Public transport in Glenside is provided by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority. Passengers aged 65 and older with a valid ID ride free on SEPTA services within Pennsylvania. The Shared-Ride and Paratransit programs offer additional transport for people unable to use the fixed-route services.
- Glenside's overall crime rate is 18 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 72% of other communities across Pennsylvania. Despite this, the area's property crime rate of 16.71 is close to the state average of 16.49. The area also has a low violent crime rate of 0.95, more than two points lower than the state rate of 3.13, which may reassure safety-conscious seniors.
Pennsylvania's tax system is favorable towards seniors. Income from Social Security and retirement accounts is fully exempt and pensions are also tax-free for people aged 59.5 and over. In addition, sales taxes are relatively low and common products, including groceries, clothing and prescription medicines are exempt from sales taxes entirely.
- The Keswick Theater hosts concerts and performances, offering senior arts lovers the opportunity to experience culture in Glenside. Some assisted living facilities may also offer group visits to nearby Philadelphia to visit world-class cultural attractions such as the Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- The Sterling index puts Glenside's overall cost of living at 120.7, more than 20 points higher than the national average of 100. Seniors with medical conditions may be impacted by healthcare costs in the area, which are 14.6 points higher than the U.S. average. By contrast, grocery costs in Glenside are equal to the national average.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Glenside
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Glenside start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Glenside and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Glenside
The Optional State Supplement offers financial assistance to eligible seniors in Glenside who receive Social Security benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Glenside
Glenside and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Glenside, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Glenside
Glenside-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.