4 Assisted Living Facilities near Confluence, PA
Also serving communities of Salisbury.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Confluence area, with 2 in Confluence and 2 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Confluence, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Confluence, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Confluence
The small community of Confluence is made up of just 780 residents, about 160 of whom are older adults aged 65 and over, and is located in Somerset County, Pennsylvania. It is home to a senior center, providing local seniors with the opportunity to connect with others through daytime and evening activities like exercise classes, computer classes and shopping trips.
Seniors who are ready to transition to assisted living have two local options to choose from and two more in nearby Markleysburg. Some of these facilities are classified as personal care homes, which are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare, or as assisted living residences, which are licensed by the Department of Aging, in Markleysburg and throughout Pennsylvania.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Confluence
- Overall, living expenses in Confluence are about 15% below the statewide and nationwide averages, mainly due to the affordable cost of housing. This may result in lower assisted living expenses.
- Crime is a rare occurrence in Confluence, which may provide peace of mind for seniors seeking assisted living here. On a 100-point index, property crime is rated 6 and violent crime is marginally higher at 6.5, versus the national respective national medians of 35.4 and 22.7.
Summers are fairly comfortable in Confluence, with highs around 82 degrees and few days when humidity levels are high. Winters tend to be cold and snowy, however, with lows in the teens and an average snowfall of 68 inches. Seniors may want to participate in indoor activities and clubs hosted by their assisted living facility during the winter months.
- The air quality in Confluence is about 30 points higher than the national average at 87 out of 100, which may be beneficial to seniors who have conditions like COPD or cardiovascular disease.
- Confluence seniors do not pay state income tax on any type of retirement income, and Pennsylvania has a relatively low sales tax rate. This may leave more money available for assisted living expenses.
- Confluence has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Uniontown.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Confluence
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Confluence start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Confluence and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Confluence
Assisted living services in Confluence aren't covered through any state-funded programs, but seniors who qualify for Supplemental Security Income may use this benefit to pay for housing and personal care services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Confluence
Confluence and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Confluence, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Confluence
Confluence-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.