2 Assisted Living Facilities in Wellington, OH
Also serving communities of Oberlin.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Wellington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wellington 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wellington, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Wellington, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wellington
Wellington is a friendly rural community in Ohio that hosts a number of large events each year, including the Lorain County Fair, the second largest county fair in Ohio, and the Ohio Scottish Games. Wellington has two assisted living facilities, with another four in the nearby communities of Oberlin and Elyria.
Assisted living facilities in Wellington are licensed by the Ohio Department of Health. Facilities have different licenses depending on the number of residents and their level of care, and each has regular, unannounced inspections. At each type of facility, staff help residents with daily activities, personal care, and medication management.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wellington
- Ohio does not tax social security retirement income, leaving seniors with more money in their assisted living budget. Income from pensions and retirement funds are taxed, though seniors may be eligible for tax credits. Sales taxes in Ohio are slightly higher than the national average.
- Loraine County offers transportation services to take seniors to medical appointments.
- Lorain County, including Wellington, has a vibrant arts scene, and every year Wellington hosts the Harvest of the Arts in the town square. Some assisted living facilities may arrange visits to the many events in Wellington, including the Gazebo Garden Tour or Friday Concerts in the Park.
- The cost of living in Wellington is around 11 percent cheaper than the national average. However, seniors will find the cost of groceries and health care higher than other parts of Ohio.
- The Wellington area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Oberlin.
- The weather in Wellington is cold and snowy. There is an average of 43 inches of snow each year and only 164 days of sunshine, making it difficult for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors. The average January low is 18 degrees, and in July the high is around 83.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wellington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Wellington start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wellington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wellington
The Assisted Living Program offers financial assistance to eleibible seniors in assisted living facilities. Residents who receive Social Security income may also be eligible to receive the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wellington
Wellington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wellington, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wellington
Wellington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wellington
Review of Elms Retirement Village
The Elms Retirement Village was a very nice place to visit. I thought that the staff were all very nice. I met a women named Susan that I was talking to. She said that she loved it there and can sa... Read more