91 Assisted Living Facilities near Fenton, MO
There are 91 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fenton area, with 2 in Fenton and 89 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 369 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fenton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fenton 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sunset Hills with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fenton, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Fenton, MO
89 Assisted Living Facilities near Fenton, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fenton
Fenton, Missouri, located along the Mississippi River, was founded in 1818, but the paperwork wasn’t filed until 1837. The city itself was built upon an ancient burial ground known as the Fenton Mounds. In 2001, the mounds were demolished to make room for a Walmart. However, the Ministry of Natural Resources has placed a plaque memorializing the area's ancient early settlers in Fenton City Park for the area’s 4,022 residents, including 642 seniors, to see. There are two assisted living facilities in Fenton to support the growing senior community, with another 86 facilities located in nearby communities such as St. Louis and Chesterfield.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services licenses assisted living facilities, and residential care facilities, as they are sometimes called in Fenton and throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fenton
- As part of St. Louis County, Fenton is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Retirement savings account withdrawals and pensions are fully taxed in Missouri, an important consideration for seniors with restrictive monthly budgets.
- Fenton’s low crime rates might help seniors feel safer as they stroll the area parks. The city has a violent crime rate of 12.7 and a property crime rate of 29.8, both notably lower than the respective U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- The Fenton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including SSM Health St. Clare Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Fenton is 106.4, higher than the national average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for healthcare and groceries in this city. However, transportation costs are higher than the average at 105, something seniors who rely on public transportation might want to think about when planning for their monthly expenses.
- The city gets 44 inches of rain each year, six more than the national average of 38 inches, and 12 inches of annual snowfall, less than half of the national average of 28 inches. Temperatures in Fenton range between 22 and 89 degrees. Seniors who like experiencing four distinct seasons each year might enjoy living in Fenton.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fenton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Fenton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fenton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fenton
Missouri has three programs that may help low-income Fenton seniors with the costs of assisted living. These are the Aged and Disabled Waiver, the State Plan Personal Care option, and the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fenton
Fenton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fenton, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fenton
Fenton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fenton
Review of Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley
We chose Delmar Gardens of Meramec Valley skilled nursing for my aunt and uncle because it was in the area and a friend recommended them. The place looks nice and smells clean. It has two floors an... Read more