2 Assisted Living Facilities in Paris, IL
Also serving communities of Marshall.
The average cost of assisted living in Paris is $3,302 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Terre Haute with an average starting cost of $3,152.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Paris. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Paris 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paris, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paris
Paris, Illinois, got its name from an anonymous engraving in an oak tree that was in the center of the village when it was founded. An estimated 21 percent of its nearly 8,322 residents are age 65 or older, and there are only two assisted living facilities in Paris and the surrounding communities to care for them.
In Paris, as in the rest of Illinois, these assisted living facilities (ALFs) must be licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health. They also have to meet legal guidelines, such as maintaining 24-hour security measures and having an emergency alert system for residents' safety.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paris
Paris receives an average of 42 inches of rain and 22 inches of snow yearly, both within four inches of the U.S. average. Summer temperatures jump to 85 from winter lows of 18. Paris was given a Sperling's Comfort Index of 40 out of 100, compared to the national average of 54. Seniors who enjoy four distinct seasons may like the climate in Paris.
- The overall cost of living in Paris is very low at 75 with the U.S. median being 100 and the Illinois state average 102. Healthcare is close to the national average, so it might be beneficial for families to move to Paris to be near their loved ones if the low expenses would provide extra monthly income to spend on quality care.
- The violent crime rate in Paris is slightly higher at 35.6 than the U.S. rating of 31.1. The annual property crime rate is 23.3, which is nearly 15 points below the national rate. ALFs provide an extra measure of safety with self-locking doors and security cameras, so families won't worry as much about their loved ones.
- Illinois has senior-friendly tax policies that could make it worth relocating to receive. All retirement income received from seniors aged 60 or older is exempt from state income taxes, including Social Security, pensions and withdrawals from retirement accounts. Sales tax still applies to purchases of everyday living necessities.
- The Paris area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Paris Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who enjoy art and history may enjoy field trips to the various art and historic museums in Paris, including the Bi-Centennial Art Center and Museum, the Edgar County Historical Museum and The Dudley House.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paris
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Paris start around $3,302 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paris and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paris
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paris
Paris and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paris, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paris
Paris-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Paris
Review of Brookstone Estates Paris
Brookstone Estates was smaller and more intimate. It was country-like, and I think it would be great for people of that area. They had corner units which were geared for couples, and they had very ... Read more