2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cuthbert, GA
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cuthbert. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cuthbert 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cuthbert, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cuthbert
Cuthbert is a small city of just 3,900 people in Randolph County, Georgia. It has a large senior population that accounts for nearly one in five residents. The city is home to the Randolph County Senior Center.
Seniors who are unable to safely live alone can get assistance with housing, meals and supportive services at the center. Like all the other facilities in the state, it is governed and regulated by the Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cuthbert
- With a cost of living that is about 20% below state and national averages, Cuthbert is a budget-friendly option for seniors. Housing is particularly affordable here at 60% below the national median, which may bring down the cost of assisted living as well.
- Cuthbert's low crime rate may make it an attractive option for seniors transitioning to assisted living. The city's property crime rate is about 12 points below the national average, and the violent crime rate is 14 points below the national average.
- Cuthbert ranks slightly warmer than most places in Georgia, with summer highs around 92 degrees and winter lows around 34 degrees. The region gets very little snowfall, which may appeal to seniors who do their own driving.
- Cuthbert's air quality is seven points below the national average of 58, which may negatively impact the health of seniors with conditions like asthma and heart disease.
- The Cuthbert area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Southwest Georgia Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cuthbert seniors pay state income tax on withdrawals from retirement savings accounts and pensions, but those age 65 and over can claim a deduction to reduce or eliminate this expense. Social Security benefits are not taxed at the state level.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and is based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cuthbert
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Cuthbert start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cuthbert and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cuthbert
Seniors in Cuthbert who need financial assistance to pay for assisted living may qualify for one of two Medicaid waiver programs, including the Community Care Services Program and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cuthbert
Cuthbert and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cuthbert, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cuthbert
Cuthbert-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cuthbert
Review of Fellowship Home at Cotton Hill
My brother has moved into Fellowship Home at Cotton Hill. It is clean and the people are really nice. It is a small community, and that's what he wanted. He wanted something small in a small, rural... Read more
Review of Fellowship Home at Cotton Hill
My overall impression of Fellowship Homes is good. The staff is fine. Some of them were excellent and some were OK. My grandmother is in their assisted living. The food could be better, but it's al... Read more
Review of The Willows of Cuthbert / Arbor Assistant Living
The Willows of Cuthbert, The/Arbor has been bought out by another company, and they're really updating it; we're pleased with the changes. My sister is in assisted living, and I am very well please... Read more