114 Assisted Living Facilities near North Lauderdale, FL
There are 114 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Lauderdale area, with 2 in North Lauderdale and 112 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in North Lauderdale is $2,150 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 600 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Lauderdale. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North Lauderdale 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Tamarac with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Lauderdale, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in North Lauderdale, FL
112 Assisted Living Facilities near North Lauderdale, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Lauderdale
Incorporated in 1963 from agricultural land, North Lauderdale was dubbed "The City of Tomorrow" by architect Morris Lapidus due to the rapid changes in the area. Today, it's home to 41,000 people, 8.7 percent of whom are 65 or older. For those in this age group that need help with the tasks of daily living, two assisted living facilities are located in North Lauderdale with 112 in communities nearby. The Bureau of Health Facility Regulation licenses assisted living facilities in North Lauderdale and all of Florida.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Lauderdale
- North Lauderdale seniors and all Floridians have no state income tax to pay, so Social Security, pension income and IRA or 401k income aren't taxed. Florida also has no estate or inheritance tax, but property and sales tax rates are on par with the national average.
- The cost of living in North Lauderdale is 112, somewhat higher than the national average of 100 but comparable to the state average of 110, so families of seniors moving to the area to be closer to loved ones may feel financially comfortable here. Transportation costs are 161, much higher than the national average of 100 and the state average of 130 in the same category.
- North Lauderdale violent crime is rated at 27.2, somewhat higher than the U.S. average of 22.7. The property crime rate is 35.9, compared to a U.S. average of 35.4. Although the crime rates in North Lauderdale are relatively low, seniors should ask what measures are taken to ensure security at facilities they tour.
- Sunny North Lauderdale has a year-round temperature range of 58 to 91 degrees. There are 244 sunny days per year here, much higher than the U.S. average of 205. Seniors who enjoy the sunshine might like living here.
- On a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being the best, North Lauderdale's air quality is 64, somewhat higher than the national average of 58. This is based on the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment. Seniors with respiratory ailments like COPD and asthma may breathe easy in this city.
- North Lauderdale has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Tamarac, which is home to University Pavilion hospital.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Lauderdale
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in North Lauderdale start around $2,150 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Lauderdale and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Lauderdale
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Lauderdale
North Lauderdale and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Lauderdale, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Lauderdale
North Lauderdale-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near North Lauderdale, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North Lauderdale
Review of Orchid Garden
The lady who operates Orchid Garden was wonderful and provided all the information. It's not fancy, but it's decent and well organized. It was a very good neighborhood. The room was clean with a wi... Read more