192 Assisted Living Facilities near Miami Springs, FL
There are 192 Assisted Living Facilities in the Miami Springs area, with 2 in Miami Springs and 190 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 163 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Miami Springs. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Miami Springs 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hialeah with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Miami Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Miami Springs, FL
190 Assisted Living Facilities near Miami Springs, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Miami Springs
Miami Springs, a historic city in the heart of Florida, exudes a small-town flavor that appeals to seniors looking for a close-knit community setting. The city and the surrounding areas have an abundance of assisted living facilities for seniors wanting to move in, with two ALFs located right within the city and 190 more nearby. Florida’s Bureau of Health Facility Regulation oversees the operation of these ALFs within the state, including those in Miami Springs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Miami Springs
- In its 2019 Safest Cities in Florida report, the National Council for Home Safety and Security ranks Miami Springs as the 5th safest city in Miami-Dade County and 35th in the state of Florida. This makes the city a relatively secure, peaceful location for seniors.
- Miami Springs operates the Free-Bee Shuttle, a free, wheelchair-accessible community bus service to local destinations. In addition, the Elderly Services Department offers free transportation for seniors wanting to explore the services provided by the city’s senior center, and it also has limited trips to local stores, shopping malls and other leisure sites.
- Seniors in Miami Springs enjoy substantial savings through the state’s friendly tax policy. Florida does not tax income, including seniors' Social Security retirement and pension benefits.
- The city of Miami Springs has no/few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Hialeah, Florida
- Seniors who enjoy the outdoors may find the city’s mostly sunny weather appealing. Miami Springs enjoys an annual average of 246 sunny days and a comfort index of 90, far better than the national average of 54. Summers can be hot and humid, with average temperatures rising as high as 90.2 degrees. Winter months are barely noticeable with the city’s zero annual snowfall and average temperatures above 59 degrees.
- The cost of living in Miami Springs is relatively high at 147, compared to Miami-Dade County’s 131 and the state’s 111. The healthcare cost rating of 99, though, is a point lower with the national average, making healthcare expenses just slightly more affordable for seniors with limited budget, especially in concert with the favorable tax laws.
Paying for Assisted Living in Miami Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Miami Springs start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Miami Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Miami Springs
Qualified Medicaid recipients in the city of Miami Springs are covered by Florida’s Statewide Medicaid Managed Care program, which offers long-term managed care plans, including assisted living facility services. Residents of ALFs with financial limitations can also benefit from the state’s Assistive Care Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Miami Springs
Miami Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Miami Springs, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Miami Springs
Miami Springs-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Miami Springs, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Miami Springs
Review of Fair Havens Center
The people at Fair Haven Center answered all my questions. My problem is I need a walker to get around. They said they will provide food -- like its room and board like a hotel -- but the food is a... Read more
Review of Fair Havens Center
The caretakers at the facility were very friendly and did seem to care about the people living there. They made sure my grandmother was comfortable, happy, and feeling good on a daily basis. It als... Read more
Review of Fair Havens Center
Very great place highly recommened by lots of physcians. No place is perfect and there are some issues, but my personal experience was very good and would recommend this nursing home to anyone who... Read more