5 Assisted Living Facilities near Littlerock, CA
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Littlerock area, with 2 in Littlerock and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Littlerock. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Littlerock 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Littlerock, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Littlerock, CA
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Littlerock, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Littlerock
Littlerock is an oasis on the edge of the High Desert north of Los Angeles, still within the boundaries of the county, but much closer in area and climate to nearby Palmdale. The entire region is home to more than 157,000 people, but because only 8.4 percent of the residents in Littlerock are seniors age 65 and over, the area supports just five assisted living facilities.
These facilities, where Littlerock seniors can live with the support of trained staff, are licensed through the California Department of Social Services' Community Care Licensing Division, which regulates all of the state's residential senior care facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Littlerock
- Littlerock's climate is hot in summer and dry all year. June and July highs in Littlerock average 98 degrees, while overnight lows in December average 34. This part of the High Desert gets just 7.4 inches of rain a year, which can cause occasional dust clouds and cause problems for some Littlerock seniors with COPD or asthma.
- The cost of living in Littlerock is 36 percent above the average cost of living in the United States. This is significantly less expensive than the average cost of living in California, which is 69 percent higher than the national average. Healthcare costs in Littlerock run to just 85 percent of the national average.
- Crime rates in Littlerock are roughly 25 percent lower than the average rate of most crimes reported nationwide. Property crimes, such as theft, are more common in Littlerock than violent crimes, which remain well below the national average in all categories.
- Public transportation in Littlerock is provided by Antelope Valley Transit Authority (AVTA), which operates several bus lines between the center of town and Palmdale. Seniors in Littlerock who ride on AVTA buses may qualify for a discount fare with transit ID.
- The Littlerock area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care such as Palmdale Regional Medical Center and Antelope Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Los Angeles County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Littlerock
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in Littlerock start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Littlerock and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Littlerock
Seniors in Littlerock may be able to get help paying some or all of the cost of assisted living with a Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waiver. This waiver is funded by the state for seniors who are eligible for Medicaid and need residential care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Littlerock
Littlerock and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Littlerock, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Littlerock
Littlerock-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Littlerock
Review of Westport Home
An uncle of mine was a resident of this facility for over a year until he passed. Westport Home took care of my uncle though his income is only coming from SSI. I could not say more of the way th... Read more