2 Assisted Living Facilities in Talladega, AL
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Talladega. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Talladega 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Anniston with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Talladega, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Talladega
The county seat of Talladega County, Talladega, Alabama is approximately 50 miles east of Birmingham. It is home to over 15,000 people, 16 percent ages 65 and over. In Talladega, and the rest of the state, assisted living facilities (ALFs) fall into one of three categories based on number of residents served. All these assisted living facility types provide housing and assistance with activities of daily living. Licensing for assisted living facilities in Talladega is handled by the Department of Public Health. There are two ALFs in Talldega and five nearby.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Talladega
- Seniors may find living expenses to be more affordable in Talladega as compared with other cities. The cost of living in Talladega is 76.0, which is lower than the national average of 100.
- The Talladega area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Citizens Baptist Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Talladega has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides resources and enrichment for senior citizens. There is also one senior center in the city and several more in the surrounding areas.
- Talladega has a violent crime rate of 60.8 and a property crime rate of 82.7. These figures are higher than the U.S. violent crime rate of 31.1 and property crime rate of 38.1.
- Talladega is rainier than the rest of the U.S. on average, with approximately 55 inches per year. Seniors may find summers uncomfortably hot, as the average July high is 91 degrees.
- The air quality ranking for Talladega is 43 out of a possible 100, according to EPA standards for air toxins. This figure is lower than the U.S. average of 58.
Paying for Assisted Living in Talladega
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Talladega start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Talladega and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Talladega
Seniors in Talladega who are living on a limited budget may be able to find financial help for various expenses through the Alabama Department of Senior Services. Although there aren’t any programs through Alabama Medicaid geared towards assisted living costs, there are various options such as waiver programs for seniors who require a certain level of specialized nursing care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Talladega
Talladega and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Talladega, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Talladega
Talladega-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Talladega, AL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Talladega
Review of Sunset Inn
I'm going to put my mother into Sunset Inn. We chose it because she lived in Talladega her whole life and a lot of people she knows live there already. They're reasonably priced and they offered th... Read more
Review of Gardens of Talladega
The nursing home looks very nice from the road, however when you approach the entrance you notice a fence and gate surrounding the facility porch. However, I noticed several residents opening the g... Read more
Review of Gardens of Talladega
The first time I visited Seasons of Talladega, I was about 3. I don't remember much about it, just that my father kept shaking the nurses hands and saying thank you. My great-grandmother and lived ... Read more