6 Assisted Living Facilities near Headland, AL
Also serving communities of Abbeville.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Headland area, with 2 in Headland and 4 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 9 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Headland. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Headland 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dothan with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Headland, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Headland, AL
4 Assisted Living Facilities near Headland, AL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Headland
Review of Azalea Ct. Assisted Living Facility
Azalea Court provided excellent care for my mother during her season of need. She was uniquely the youngest and most self-suficent resident as a shoulder surgery followed by depression had render... Read more
Assisted Living near Henry County, AL
More Options Near Headland, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Headland
Located just to the north of Dothan, Headland is the largest city in Henry County. Seniors age 65 and older make up approximately 5 percent of the population in Headland, which is a small family-oriented agricultural community.
There are two assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Headland and four in nearby Dothan. Regulated by the Alabama Department of Public Health, these communities provide room and board, meals and other personal care services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Headland
- Headland has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Dothan.
- The Wiregrass Transit Authority operates 20 vehicles to transport seniors and the general public throughout Dothan and the surrounding area. All vehicles are ADA accessible and are equipped with wheelchair lifts. For special appointments, a 24-hour notice is required and service is dependent on the number of available seats.
- Headland has an array of community resources for seniors, including the SilverFit program, an organization that offers fitness classes in a traditional gym setting, as well as at least one senior center.
- The overall rate of crime in Headland is 38 percent lower than the national average. This makes Headland a safe area for seniors who enjoy exploring the city and local parks.
- The cost of living index in Headland is 87.3, which is lower than the national average of 100. Seniors may find Headland cheaper than other comparable cities when paying for groceries and other necessities.
- Located in the southern part of the country, Headland experiences hot and humid summers and short and mild winters. Average yearly temperatures range from 38 to 92 degrees. The seasonable winters make it possible for seniors to golf and explore nature year-round.
Paying for Assisted Living in Headland
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Headland start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Headland and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Headland
A Medicaid waiver is available in Headland and the state of Alabama for those who need help paying for an assisted living facility. To help pay for room and board, the state provides the independent living waiver (SAIL) to those who receive Social Security Income (SSI) benefits or those determined by the Department of Children and Family who are eligible.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Headland
Headland and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Headland, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Headland
Headland-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.