5 Assisted Living Facilities near Hayden, AL
Also serving communities of Trafford.
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hayden area, with 2 in Hayden and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 17 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hayden. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hayden 2.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Gardendale with an average rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hayden, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hayden, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hayden
Hayden, Alabama, located 30 miles from Birmingham, offers a small-town environment in close proximity to the city life. Fewer than 1,500 people live in Hayden, so local amenities are limited. However, the area does have accommodations for senior citizens, including assisted living facilities, which serve three or more residents in home-like settings. Residents have 15 assisted living facilities to choose from, with two in Hayden and 13 others in local cities, including Birmingham, Trussville and Cullman.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hayden
- Hayden is one of the more affordable communities for seniors in Alabama. The overall cost of living is 15 percent lower than the national average and 2 percent lower than the state average. Typically, seniors and other residents of Hayden pay less for groceries, health care, transportation and other goods and services, although utilities run 3 percent higher than usual for the U.S.
- The year-round climate in Hayden is moderately comfortable, with 209 sunny days per year. The area gets about 56 inches of rain each year, which is higher than average for the U.S. and may put a damper on outdoor activities for senior residents. Summers temps reach an average high of 90 degrees Fahrenheit in July and an average low of 31 degrees in January.
- Hayden has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Cullman.
- Hayden may be one of the safer local communities for seniors, as it's ranked one of the safer 34 percent of U.S. cities. The chance of a crime is 1 in 81. However, the crime rate has been increasing about 1 percent per year.
- Transportation in the area is provided by Blount County Public Transportation, which offers scheduled rides that are charged by location. Rates are higher outside of city limits.
- Hayden itself features limited services, but Blount County offers an array of community resources for seniors, including the Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, offering community service opportunities for aging residents, as well as a senior center in Warrior, which is only 12 minutes from Hayden.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hayden
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Hayden start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hayden and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hayden
Seniors in Alabama may need to use VA benefits, long-term care insurance or private resources to pay for assisted living. Medicaid waivers in Alabama do not include assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hayden
Hayden and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hayden, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hayden
Hayden-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hayden
Review of Jacobs House I
no tv in lobby where patients sit all day. tiles in visitor bathroom all broke in need of repair Read more
Review of Home of Grace For Women
This assisted living is not a very well managed place. I know a person who has lived there and I visited on a few locations. The first thing you notice pulling up is that the location is not a wond... Read more