Home Care Safety
The V.A. provides home-modification grants for veterans, under certain conditions. Learn who's eligible, what the V.A. pays, and how to apply.
Well-designed homes are safe and accessible for multiple residents, both now and at other stages of life. Learn the basics of universal design.
Discover 5 key home modifications that can make your home more accessible, to help you age in place.
More About Home Care Safety
- Bathroom Safety for Older Adults
- 5 Hidden Dangers Lurking in Your Kitchen
- Kitchen Safety Tips
- 5 Surprising Ways to Make a Bathroom Safer
- Universal Design Remodel
- CareLine Phone System: Caregivers' Review
- Bathroom Dangers
- When a Parent Moves In: How to Get Your House Ready
- Best Places to Grow Old
- The Village Movement
- Household Safety Checklist
- 8 Ways to Help Ensure a Successful Hospital-to-Home Transition
- Caring "Checklist: Questions to Ask at the Hospital Before Discharge
- Dementia and Falls
- Caring Checklist: Questions to Ask Yourself About Whether You're Ready to Bring a Loved One Home From the Hospital
- Remove Scatter Rugs to Protect Someone With Dementia
- How do I find a reputable contractor in another state?
- How can I get financial help for things like a ramp and hand rails to accomodate my disabled mother who now lives with me?
- Is there a special dishwasher for the elderly?
- How can I help my 82-year-old mother overcome her fear of falling?
- Should I take cigarettes away from my mother, who has Alzheimer's, for fear she'll start a fire?
- Does Medicare or Medicaid pay for home modifications?
- How can I stay active with vision loss?
- How can my brothers keep Mom safe in the bathroom without anyone being uncomfortable?
- We're preparing a safe home for Mom; what else do we need?
- Where can I find the computer software that will allow me to check on seniors via the telephone?
- Are There Any Tips to Help Ease the Hospital to Home Transition?
- What's the best way to transfer someone from a wheelchair to a vehicle?
- How do you tell a loved one that she needs to move into a nursing home before she gets hurt?
- Are Bed Rails Safe or Not?
- When applying for a home improvement loan, whose income is counted?
- What's the best way to keep a parent with Alzheimer's safe from wandering at night?