Medicaid Eligibility Rules and Requirements
Obamacare? Affordable Care Act? What if you already have insurance? What if you can't afford insurance? Let's cut through the chaos and find out how the new law will affect you and your family. From Caring.com.
If you're thinking of "spending down" your assets to qualify for Medicaid, be careful! Discover 4 behaviors might put you at risk for losing benefits for 5 years.
Is it possible to switch from Medicare Part B to Medicaid? And if so, how hard is it? Get answers to this and other Medicare and Medicaid questions at Caring.com.
More About Medicaid Eligibility Rules and Requirements
- Will my mother lose her Medicaid benefits for Memory Care facility?
- How long is Medicaid's look back period?
- Can Dad still qualify for Medicaid?
- Would dad be eligible for Medicaid if he divorces my mother?
- Can my mother use both Medicare and Medicaid at the same time?
- Will living in my home affect my sister's eligibility for Medicaid?
- Is there a minimum amount for assets that Medicaid 5 year look back exempts?
- If someone left me a house when they died, can I live in it without losing Medicaid eligibility?
- How long do we need to wait before we can reapply for Medicaid?
- What authority is needed to gather a parent's documents for Medicaid?
- Is a funeral plan considered a Medicaid asset?
- With both parents in assisted living, will Medicaid still cover costs?
- In which state should I start Medicaid apps?
- If Dad lives in a house owned by Mom and me, can Medicare take it to pay for care and will it count against him for Medicaid?
- If Mom sells her house, does she have to reimburse Medicaid?
- Will renting Mom's house out affect her Medicaid eligibility?