Caring.com Review Guidelines
In reviewing a senior living or senior care business in Caring.com’s directory, we ask that you:
- Indicate the nature of your experience with the provider
- Have valid contact information (email or phone)
- Have firsthand experience with the listed service provider within three (3) years of review submission
- Not be an employee, former employee, or paid representative of the service provider
- Not be or represent a competitor of the service provider being reviewed
- Not have a known or potential conflict of interest (such as financial conflict of interest) or be compensated by the business being reviewed (e.g., not be a vendor or professional affiliate/partner of the business being reviewed)
- Submit an original review you haven’t published on other websites
Unlawful or Objectionable Content:
- Do not post any unlawful, fraudulent, potentially libelous or defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, offensive, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind within reviews.
- Do not post advertising content, solicitations, or other commercial communications within reviews, except as otherwise expressly permitted by Caring.com.
Private or Personally-Identifiable Information:
- Do not reveal another person’s real name, address, phone number, e-mail address, date of birth/death, or any other personally identifying information that could constitute an invasion of privacy or expose the individual to identity theft.
- Do not post information and feedback that is not directly relevant to the senior living or senior care service(s) offered by the listed provider
About the Caring.com Directory
Caring.com offers a comprehensive directory of senior living and senior care service providers, including 55+ apartments, independent living and assisted living communities, nursing homes, in-home care, home health care, hospice and more. We provide basic information about each listed business, and offer consumer ratings and reviews to help seniors and their loved ones research and connect to the most appropriate services and support for their specific situations.
We know the right fit is different for each family and individual, and we believe consumer/customer ratings and reviews from those with firsthand experience are valuable to others with similar needs and preferences — and helpful to service providers as well.
About Reviews on Caring.com
The reviews posted on Caring.com are the individual, subjective opinions of the reviewers, and not of Caring, LLC. We don’t endorse any of the opinions expressed by reviewers or the provider responses to reviews, and don’t own, operate, or manage any of the businesses listed or reviewed in our online directories.
Reviews in our directory can be positive or negative (or in between), and will be included or rejected based only on adherence to our Review Guidelines.
We can’t guarantee or verify the accuracy of the opinions or facts shared by individual reviewers. While Caring.com has no duty to monitor what is posted, Caring.com does reserve the right to reject or remove any review, at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to those that we deem inappropriate or outside the parameters of our Review Guidelines.
In the early years of our reviews program, we previously offered non-monetary incentives to encourage users to submit reviews, such as an iPad giveaway. We no longer offer incentivized reviews programs.
Please contact us if you have questions or feedback about ratings and reviews in our directory.
Caring.com Review Response Guidelines
Senior living communities, skilled nursing facilities, and senior care agencies/agents — and their authorized reputation management representatives — must meet the following requirements in publishing Review Response(s) for consumer reviews on Caring.com:
- Include the Review Response author name with the Review Response content sent to Caring (will not be published publicly)
- Include the Review Response author title (job role) with the Review Response content sent to Caring (will not be published publicly)
- Include the Review Response author’s email or phone number where they can be reached by the Caring Reviews Team (will not be published publicly)
- Include the Review Response content the author wishes to be published publicly under the consumer review on the Caring.com website (once the Review Response submission is approved for publication by the Caring Reviews Team: this content will be published publicly and can include the author’s name and title if they wish)
Caring cannot guarantee or verify the accuracy of the opinions or facts shared by Review Response authors, and reserves the right to reject or remove any Review Response, at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to those that we deem inappropriate or outside the parameters of our Review Response Guidelines.