Caring.com Community Code of Conduct
Welcome to Caring.com! We’re glad you’re here.
We’ve heard from caregivers that they have questions, that they’ve learned things they want to share, and that sometimes they just want to talk to others who are living through the same kinds of experiences they are. We want this to be your place to do all those things.
To make sure that our site remains a safe and supportive place for everyone, we ask that you adhere to the following code of conduct while posting anywhere on our site:
- Please choose a screen name that’s tactful, or the Caring.com staff will ask you to make a change.
- Please refrain from using language that’s profane, abusive, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or otherwise objectionable.
- Personal attacks are never allowed. Differences of opinion are welcome, as long as they’re presented respectfully.
- Revealing another member’s real name, address, phone number, e-mail address, or any other personally identifying information is forbidden. It’s an invasion of privacy.
- Do not use our site for solicitation purposes. This includes activities such as promoting businesses, sharing referral codes or links, and soliciting our members for research purposes. If you have a research request you’d like us to consider posting on our site, please e-mail us with the details at moderators (at) caring (dot) com.
- Do not use our site to generate traffic for other sites. Making references, providing a link, or otherwise mentioning other sites of value to our members is permitted — as long as you don’t do so habitually or for your own self-interest.
- Always post honestly and in good faith. Posting in a manner that is disruptive to the site may result in suspension or exclusion from the site.
- If you post anonymously for the purpose of violating our code of conduct, you may be immediately banned from participating at Caring.com.
- It’s your responsibility to keep your contact information current. The staff at Caring.com may use your e-mail address to contact you regarding your posts made on our site.
By participating on our site, you are agreeing to abide by our code of conduct. Failing to do so may result in a suspension of your participation or in the banning of your account. Our code of conduct is enforced by Caring.com staff and is subject to our interpretation. We reserve the right to make changes to the code of conduct with or without notice. We also reserve the right to ban a member at any time for any reason, with or without notice.
It’s our goal to help you to contribute within our set of rules. We encourage you to contact us with questions about this code of conduct or participation on our site by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that we are not obligated to remove content you find personally objectionable.