Edgewood Manor of Lucasville II

1 Review Write a review

Nursing Home Reviews for Edgewood Manor of Lucasville II

October 14, 2011

By danimae

My aunt was transferred into Edgewood Manor after her schizophrenia was too much for the family to handle. Upon my many visitations to see her I encountered several things at the nursing home which made me feel empathy for my aunt. Several things that I can recall off hand consists of: cold/hot temperatures, room temperature (70 degrees) seemed to be nonexistent, shortage of nurses, dirty rooms and sheets, little to no planned activity for the elderly to enjoy, and little to no passion from the caregivers and faculty were evident. My aunt always complained of the way they treated her. With her condition, it is hard to believe every last detail she grasped upon, but I know that there was truth in some of the things she said. The elderly looked miserable, which I am sure, has been brought on by more than just the nursing home itself, but I believe that a nursing home should act as a second home for those who have no one else to take care of them. Edgewood Manor seriously felt like an abandoned hospital. It was cold and damp during the winters, as though it hadn't been insulated properly. During the summer it was sweltering hot, and most of the patients were incapable of shedding their clothes in order to perspire. There is one dining area, which also consists of two old 24 or 32inch screens that I could barely see or hear, even though all of my senses are still in tact. I can only imagine how miserable those elderly people must be in there. They've already lost and or been abandoned by their families, only to be trapped in a facility that is populated by a money hungry staff. That place needs a serious dose of passion for our elderly citizens.

Services and Amenities of Edgewood Manor of Lucasville II

About Edgewood Manor of Lucasville II

Edgewood Manor of Lucasville II is a senior living provider in Lucasville, Ohio that offers residents Nursing Homes and Nursing Homes. Contact Edgewood Manor of Lucasville II for more details on services and rates.

Map of Edgewood Manor of Lucasville II