Atria South Setauket

Atria South Setauket (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Atria South Setauket

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria South Setauket

November 04, 2016

Atria in South Setauket has a facility that is called independent apartments or independent living suites. These are apartments for people who are not so incapacitated, but they provide meals and everything. My mother is bedridden. What they have done is that I am paying for an apartment that has a bed amd a little sitting area, I have a 24/7 aide staying with her, and the place is immaculate. It is clean. The staff is friendly. It is bright and very good for elderly care. They cannot do enough to help me. They are really great.

October 13, 2016

By Martin831831

We are currently using Atria South Setauket for our loved one. We chose it for its location, its cleanliness, and the staff. They have movies almost daily, they have bingo, musical entertainments, they have church services, and they offer beauty salon services. It is not extremely large and it has homey effect. There appears to be about a hundred residents, so it’s not too big and not too small. It is also very attractive looking. The grounds are very well kept and the staff is very friendly when we first walked in. The staff members seem to be very attentive. They offer services to doctor’s appointments that you can sign-on. They have in-house doctors and the doctors come on a regular basis, so you change your primary care to their doctors. That makes it convenient because you do not have to go out even though they arrange transportation.

February 15, 2016

By John108743850

My parents were at Atria Assisted Living in Setauket. They got good care there; it was just that my parents needed more care. The studio apartments were modestly furnished and modestly set up. The food was good. As a whole, they met all our needs, but my parents needed more attention.

January 23, 2016

By Sandy119004250

We really liked Atria. It was more of an apartment type feel, and surrounded by people. It has a beautiful restaurant type eating area. The lady that gave us the tour was absolutely fabulous, not rushed. They had a bus that can go to malls, and grocery shopping. They go an extra mile. It did not seem like any type of nursing home or assisted living. It just seem like a complex. The location was fabulous. She had sisters, and cousins nearby.

December 28, 2015

By SG2

My father has been in Atria South Setauket for 3 1/2 years now. The place has met all of our needs. It has a very friendly, warm staff. They help you out if you need to be helped out. They're expensive, but you get what you pay for, and I appreciate the way they take care of him. I have eaten many meals there. We've had family meals in their family room, and they've all been fine, but my father doesn't like the food. Every day, you can have a hotdog, hamburger or grilled cheese and a lot of other things if you don't like the main course. They need a little bit more recreation going on there, though. There are too many people that just sit in their chairs all day, but they do show a movie at night.

July 06, 2015

By Caring107020350

Atria South Setauket was probably the best one that we saw. I would give it a very high rating. They're very friendly and very secure. They seemed to know all of the people who were in the complex. They're very nice people. I would rate them as excellent.

May 31, 2014

By Michael49

My wife has been in Atria for six months now. The food is good, and I’ve eaten there many times. It’s an older facility, and the downside is all the rooms are just studios. You’re allowed a refrigerator, but there’s no kitchenette. The staff is excellent. I know everybody; they’re very personable and friendly. They play Bingo, 21, they go on trips, and they have a movie every night. They have a theater room with a 55 or 60-inch TV. They have day trips to Walmart, Lowe’s, and Marshalls, and they also go to restaurants sometimes. I have nothing bad to say about it. It’s really a nice place, and my wife is happy there.

May 20, 2014

By Tracy6

The Atria is very close to where I work. It's about 15 to 20 minutes away from my house. It's an old hotel, but inside they've made it very nice. It was very clean and very kept up, and even though I knew my mother wouldn't do them, they had more activities, and the food choices seemed much, much better there than where my mother is. They have a fish course every day. To me, it was a better place, but my mother didn't want to move. It was also more expensive. I've looked at a lot of other facilities, and it seemed to be comparable to where she lives. I was only in the assisted living area, and it seemed there were people coming and going. Some people were in wheelchairs, and some people have walkers. I didn't see anything that looked bad. I didn't see anybody who seemed to be in distress. Everything seemed to be OK. They have two types of yoga, either stand-in yoga or chair yoga. They have exercise classes. There's always bingo. They had eight things every day on the calendar that people could choose from, a lot of buses going out to local shops and stores. Wal-Mart is right across the street. They had a lot of activities on their social calendar.

March 28, 2014

By Patricia Spilberg

My father is 94 and always tells me how well he is taken care of. I know when I can not get there to see him they make sure they he gets out for a walk in good weather. They respect his dignity by keeping his mind occupyied by talking to him about things that interest him, like being in the war and where he grew up. They are very respectful of his feelings. A day doesn't go by that I don't thank God for such a wonderful place.

March 18, 2014

By caring010302

Atria South Setauket was very nice. It was close by my mother's home, that's why she considered it. But it was a long distance from the room to the dining room. Also, the rooms were very small, It's like a hotel with a one tv room. We viewed the dining room, it was lovely. We also looked at the menu. They seemed to have a lot of things. They take people off on two vans to concerts. I recalled they have bingo and my mom said it's for old people! But it was a little constrictive for someone who hasn't lived in an apartment. I would want to live at Atria South Setauket because it's very attractive and pleasant.

December 29, 2013

Atria of South Setauket is an attractive facility. It's neat, clean, and very open. The staff was very, very nice. I even looked and sampled the menu, but I didn’t like the food there at all. I didn’t like their menu because I saw that they had a lot of chicken and a lot of tilapia fish and I just didn’t care for that. They don’t have an indoor pool and I think that is so important at this stage of life. I have arthritis and that's important to me.

Thank you for your review. I’m so glad to hear that you enjoyed our community overall, and I apologize that we could not accommodate your preference for an indoor pool. I would like to direct you to the beautiful Atria on the Hudson located in Ossining, NY. This community is LEED certified and proud to offer a beautiful indoor aquatics center with solar rooftop panels that generate energy for the community as well as a state-of-the-art cognitive fitness center. Feel free to call 914.401.4430 to schedule a tour! If we can be of any further help to you, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including "Atria South Setauket" in your subject line.

June 09, 2013

By Carrie123

Old hotel and staff ignored the seniors- it might be less expensive then others but you get what you pay for

I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience with our community. We would like more details about when you visited (or if you were a resident or family member), as well as any specific occasions that you witnessed staff not providing their full attention to the residents. When we are made aware of anything that is inconsistent with our mission, we want to make it right. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and provide the Atria community name in your subject line.

October 17, 2012

By Cheryl 1

Atria is an old Holiday Inn. The smell is horrible. It's right on the highway, I didn't like that. The elevator is tiny.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. I am concerned about the odor you mention, as Atria's high standards dictate that no unpleasant smells may be present in the community at any time. Your review has been shared with the appropriate staff, and I encourage you to contact us if you would like to provide more details. Email customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the atria community name in your subject line.

July 25, 2011

By Paul22

The staff is all giving to help the residents. Communications with the family are great. Any problems are addressed almost immediatly. Food is very good and varied,way better than institutional food.I would highly recommend this facility to anyone.My Mom was here and liked it very much

Independent Living Reviews for Atria South Setauket

March 23, 2020

By Sue

My mother is in Atria South Setauket. The service and the staff are excellent. She's very happy there. The food is good. It could use a little updating. Some of the wallpapers is kind of coming off. Other than that, it's nice. They have some exercise programs, there's painting once a week, jewelry making once in a while, bingo, a social hour, and movies. They could use some more outside entertainment.

August 01, 2019

By Josephine

We saw the independent area of Atria South Setauket. I looked like a converted hotel, like a labyrinth with a lot of walking. I didn't like the hallways because it was very dark, but the rooms were nice. The staff was nice and very helpful. The dining area was very pleasant, but I did not taste the food, although the menu looked fine. They had plenty of activities if you wanted to take advantage of them. It was spread out. They had a pool, activity rooms, a wellness center, and a lovely hotel-like lobby.

May 07, 2019

By Cheryl Kelly

My mother-in-law is having an excellent experience at the Atria. The food and care is excellent. We rest assured she is in good hands.

Costs for Atria South Setauket

• Activities Extra: Shabbat Service

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 700-F-933

About Atria South Setauket

At Atria South Setauket, we take care of all the work while you socialize and try new activities. Relax on the patio, swim in our outdoor pool or take a cooking class with friends. Enjoy the hotel-like amenities in the convenient Long Island community you love, right near plenty of shopping and local attractions

Atria South Setauket provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance