5 Assisted Living Facilities in Waynesboro City, VA
The average cost of assisted living in Waynesboro City is $2,800 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waynesboro City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waynesboro City 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Charlottesville City with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waynesboro City, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in Waynesboro
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
The city of Waynesboro was named after a Revolutionary War hero named Mad Anthony Wayne. Today, Waynesboro's residents — more than 18% of which are seniors — can enjoy the rich historical traditons of the area, including watching the annual commemoration of the Civil War battle fought in the town. For its senior population, Waynesboro has five assisted living facilities with another 12 located in the surrounding area.
The Virginia Department of Social Services is responsible for regulating all of the assisted living facilities in the state other than those covered by the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services or those that are state or federally funded. Virginia breaks down assisted living facilities into residential living care and assisted living care categories.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
- Understanding how retirement income is taxed is critical to being able to budget for assisted living care. Virginia does not tax income from Social Security and partially taxes pensions and other retirement income, which makes it a favorable state for seniors.
- The pollution index in Waynesboro is 82% better than the national average, and the air quality index is also good, coming in 34% higher than the U.S. average. This could be a positive for seniors with respiratory conditions like COPD.
- The cost of living in Waynesboro is lower than both the state and national averages, coming in at 8 percent lower than the U.S average and 15% lower than the Virginia average. This can make it easier for seniors to stretch their incomes.
- While property crime rates in Waynesboro are close to the national average — just 1 percent higher — violent crime rates are less than half those of the rest of the United States. While residents should always make sure to secure belongings, the low violent crime rate can make them feel safer.
- Waynesboro has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fishersville.
- While summers in Waynesboro can get warm, with temperatures rising into the high 80s, residents enjoy mild winters with lows in the 20s and only 19 inches of snow compared to the U.S. average of 28. The area also gets 14 more sunny days per year compared to the national average which can help seniors who have health concerns exacerbated by rain.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Waynesboro City start around $2,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waynesboro City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
Waynesboro seniors residing in assisted living facilities and already receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be able to apply for additional financial assistance through Virginia's Auxiliary Grant program. This assistance can be used for certain personal care needs not provided by the facility as well as major expenses like room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waynesboro City
Waynesboro City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waynesboro City, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waynesboro City
Waynesboro City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Waynesboro City, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
Review of Oak Grove Manor
Oak Grove Manor was very good. It was set back from the road, so my mom wouldn't be able to run to it, but they wouldn't take her. The people were very kind. Even though they wouldn't take her, it ... Read more
Review of Waynesboro Manor
My husband was at Waynesboro Manor for awhile. Their environment was very good, and his room was very nice. I was very pleased with all of their staff. My experience there was very good until the l... Read more
Review of Summit Square
Summit Square is a lovely place. We have several friends that live there so we know quite a bit about it. We went and got some more information and we looked at the variety of accommodations that t... Read more