6 Assisted Living Facilities in Waynesboro City, VA
The average cost of assisted living in Waynesboro City is $3,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Rockingham County with an average starting cost of $2,925.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Waynesboro City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Waynesboro City 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Augusta County with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Waynesboro City, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in Waynesboro
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Waynesboro City, VA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
Waynesboro City, Virginia, is a historic town that played a decisive role in the conclusion of the Civil War. Now, the city is home to 22,628 people, 18.6% of whom are aged 65 years or older. Waynesboro City residents who need help with activities of daily living can find support from the area's five assisted living facilities. In Waynesboro City and throughout Virginia as a whole, these places are officially called Assisted Living Facilities and are licensed by the Virginia Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
- The Waynesboro City area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Augusta Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Waynesboro seniors benefit from a number of tax incentives to help them maximize their retirement wealth. Virginia does not have an estate tax, nor an inheritance tax. The state also does not tax Social Security. Public and private pension income is only partially-taxed, as are withdrawals from retirement accounts.
- Waynesboro City is a inexpensive place to live, with all spending sectors costing less than the national average, except for healthcare, which is exactly on par. Seniors can expect to pay the least for transportation, which is nearly 30% less expensive than the average cost in the rest of the United States.
- The weather in Waynesboro City is rainier than average, with four more inches of rain per year than the national average. Seniors who enjoy the sun will appreciate that Waynesboro City sees 219 sunny days each year, which is 14 more than the U.S. average.
- The rate of property crime in Waynesboro City is higher than the national average, which may be a concern for seniors. Violent crime, however, is relatively low with a rating of 16.2 out of 100, which is 6.5% below the national average.
- Waynesboro has an active arts and recreation scene, which includes specialized fitness classes for seniors held at the Rosenwald Community Center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Virginia
Assisted Living costs in Waynesboro City start around $3,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Waynesboro City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
Virginia provides financial help to eligible Waynesboro City seniors through the Auxiliary Grant, a monthly subsidy that offsets the cost of assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Waynesboro City
Waynesboro City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Waynesboro City, please visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Waynesboro City
Waynesboro City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Virginia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Virginia page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Waynesboro City, VA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Waynesboro City
Review of Oak Grove Manor
I like Oak Grove Manor. We could visit mom any time. We just let them know, and we could take her out to eat. We just had to take her to her doctors' appointments, which wasn't bad. They were more ... Read more
Review of Oak Grove Manor
Oak Grove Manor was very good. It was set back from the road, so my mom wouldn't be able to run to it, but they wouldn't take her. The people were very kind. Even though they wouldn't take her, it ... Read more
Review of Waynesboro Manor
My husband was at Waynesboro Manor for awhile. Their environment was very good, and his room was very nice. I was very pleased with all of their staff. My experience there was very good until the l... Read more