31 Assisted Living Facilities in Knoxville, TN
Also serving communities of Powell.
Elmcroft of West Knoxville8024 Gleason Drive, Knoxville, TN
2014, 2015, 2016
Atria Weston Place2900 Lake Brook Boulevard, Knoxville, TN
Williamsburg Villas3020 Heatherton Way, Knoxville, TN
Manorhouse Assisted Living8501 S. Northshore Drive, Knoxville, TN
2012, 2013, 2016
The Pointe at Lifespring Senior Living4371 Lifespring Lane, Knoxville, TN
Raintree Terrace555 Rainforest Rd, Knoxville, TN
Elmcroft of Halls7521 Andersonville Pike, Knoxville, TN
Trinity Hills of Knoxville4611 Ashville Highway, Knoxville, TN
Prosperity Pointe214 Prosperity Road, Knoxville, TN
Windsor Gardens Assisted Living5611 Central Ave. Pike, Knoxville, TN
L & L Sweet Home Care804 Atlantic Ave., Knoxville, TN
Deane Hill Place401 Catherine McAuley Way, Knoxville, TN
Arbor Terrace of Knoxville9051 Cross Park Drive, Knoxville, TN
The Courtyards Senior Living815 E Inskip Dr, Knoxville, TN
Renaissance Terrace215 Bearden Place,, Knoxville, TN
NHC Place, Farragut120 Cavett Hill Lane, Knoxville, TN
Heritage Assisted Living144 Felix Rd, Knoxville, TN
Wellspring Assisted Living555 Renford Rd, Knoxville, TN
Morning Pointe of Powell7700 Dannaher Drive, Knoxville, TN
Oakwood Senior Living232 E. Churchwell Avenue, Knoxville, TN
At A Glance
There are 31 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Knoxville is $3,009 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Knoxville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 200 reviews of assisted living communities in the Knoxville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 31 assisted living communities in the Knoxville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Knoxville
Knoxville is the third largest city in Tennessee and is credited as being the cradle of country music, the city that bought country music to the masses. There are 45 assisted living communities in the Knoxville area, with 30 in the Knoxville city limits and 15 more in the nearby communities of Maryville, Oak Ridge, Powell and Louisville. These facilities help seniors with tasks associated with daily living such as eating and drinking, and washing and dressing. The Office of Health Care Facilities is responsible for regulating assisted living communities in Tennessee.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Knoxville
The American Lung Association ranked Knoxville 22nd on the list of cities affected by year-round particle pollution. Seniors should be mindful of this as poor air quality can aggravate underlying respiratory illnesses.
The cost of living in the Knoxville area is eight percent less than the national average, making it one of the most affordable cities in Tennessee.
- Seniors with an interest in arts and culture will never be short of activities in Knoxville. The Arts District is home to many galleries and studios with all tastes catered for. The Theater District is perfect for those hoping to catch a show or see the latest Hollywood masterpiece.
- The Knoxville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Parkwest Medical Center and the University of Tennessee Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Knoxville is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Knoxville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the John T. O'Connor Senior Center, an organization that provides seniors with a safe and welcoming environment where they can meet new people and stay active, as well as seven other senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Knoxville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Knoxville start around $3,009 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Knoxville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Knoxville
The state of Tennessee provides financial assistance to eligible seniors via its TennCare program. The program provides healthcare and long-term care to local seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Knoxville
Knoxville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Knoxville
Knoxville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.