9 Assisted Living Facilities near Pembroke, NC
There are 9 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pembroke area, with 2 in Pembroke and 7 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pembroke. Better rated regions include Red Springs with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pembroke, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Pembroke, NC
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pembroke
Pembroke is a small town in Robeson County, North Carolina. The county is home to an estimated 132,000 residents, more than 15% of whom are seniors aged 65 and older. For seniors who require help with activities of daily living, there are two assisted living facilities located in Pembroke.
In Pembroke and throughout the state of North Carolina, facilities that provide long-term assisted living care to senior citizens are known officially as assisted living residences (ALRs). ALRs in North Carolina are regulated by the North Carolina Division of Health Service Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pembroke
- Pembroke has no public transportation options available. That means that senior citizens living in the area may have to rely on friends or family to provide them with transportation to and from appointments.
- Pembroke has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Pembroke Recreation Complex, which offers senior fitness programs, as well as one senior center.
- The Pembroke area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Southeastern Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- All Social Security retirement benefits are exempt from income taxes in North Carolina, which is a major benefit for seniors who have a tight budget.
- Although the overall cost of living in Pembroke is about 25% less than the national average, the cost of healthcare is more than 15% higher. It's important for senior citizens to consider how these costs will affect their budget before choosing to live in Pembroke.
- Crime rates are tremendous in Pembroke. On a scale of one to 100 where one represents low crime and 100 represents high crime, the property crime rate in the town is 95.4. It's crucial that senior citizens discuss security with the assisted living facilities they're considering.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pembroke
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in North Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Pembroke start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pembroke and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pembroke
Pembroke seniors who require financial assistance to pay for long term care may be able to receive help paying for the cost of their care from the state's Medicaid plan. Additional financial help is provided to those in long-term care by North Carolina's state/county supplemental benefit, which can be used to pay for other costs that aren't covered under Medicaid.
The state allows family supplementation for those who wish to upgrade to a private room in their facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pembroke
Pembroke and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pembroke, please visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pembroke
Pembroke-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in North Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in North Carolina page for more information about these laws.