44 Assisted Living Facilities near Park Ridge, NJ
There are 44 Assisted Living Facilities in the Park Ridge area, with 2 in Park Ridge and 42 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Park Ridge is $6,060 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Woodcliff Lake with an average starting cost of $5,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 305 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Park Ridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Park Ridge 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pearl River with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Park Ridge, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Park Ridge, NJ
42 Assisted Living Facilities near Park Ridge, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Park Ridge
Park Ridge is a small borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, that’s famous for once being home to President Richard Nixon. The borough is home to nearly 9,000 residents, and nearly 20 percent of them are seniors. There are 50 assisted living facilities located in the area, and two are located within Park Ridge itself.
Park Ridge’s assisted living facilities are licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services. These facilities are designated as assisted living residences (ALRs) or comprehensive personal care homes (CPCHs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Park Ridge
- The New York-Newark metropolitan area has some of the worst air in the country. The American Lung Association ranks it 10th in its list of most polluted cities by ozone. Seniors with chronic respiratory conditions may choose to live in a community with cleaner air than Park Ridge.
- The community’s year-round climate is less comfortable than the national norm, with winter lows in the teens and summer highs in the 80s. Park Ridge is also rainier, with an average of 49 inches of rain falling every year compared to the national average of 39 inches.
- Park Ridge offers Senior Ride, a free bus service for the community’s senior residents. The service operates Monday, Tuesday, and every other Thursday, and rides must be scheduled in advance. Seniors can also use the NJ Transit Pascack Valley Train line to travel to nearby New York City.
- Park Ridge’s cost of living is 73.7% higher than the national average. While housing is the biggest factor, seniors can also expect to pay more for transportation and groceries. This may be an important consideration for budget-conscious seniors.
- Seniors in Park Ridge can learn about local history at the Pascack Historical Society Museum. Seniors can also schedule day trips to the many arts and culture attractions available in New York City.
- Park Ridge has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Ridgewood, New Jersey.
Paying for Assisted Living in Park Ridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Park Ridge start around $6,060 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Park Ridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Park Ridge
Seniors in Park Ridge may receive funding from New Jersey’s Managed Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) program. This Medicaid waiver program helps seniors pay for assisted living costs. Seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may also be eligible to receive an optional state supplement (OSS) that can be used towards room and board in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Park Ridge
Park Ridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Park Ridge, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Park Ridge
Park Ridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Park Ridge, NJ
Other Options in Park Ridge, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Park Ridge
Review of Atrium of Park Ridge
The rooms are beautiful. The nursing staff is compassionate and caring. The administrative staff is always at the ready to help with whatever might come up that needs their attention, and this ent... Read more
Review of Atrium of Park Ridge
My visit to Atrium was not positive. The person I had an appointment with was not available. The one in charge of activities showed me around, and she couldn't answer many of my questions. It was n... Read more
Review of Atrium of Park Ridge
I liked Atrium Senior Living of Park Ridge. They have smaller rooms, and I want my mother to have an apartment. The community was very nice and very competent. I think they’ve done updating; it loo... Read more