43 Assisted Living Facilities near Cresskill, NJ
Also serving communities of Tenafly.
There are 43 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cresskill area, with 2 in Cresskill and 41 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cresskill is $5,640 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Yonkers with an average starting cost of $3,762.
To help you with your search, browse the 298 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cresskill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cresskill 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mount Vernon with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cresskill, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cresskill, NJ
41 Assisted Living Facilities near Cresskill, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cresskill
As part of the New York-Newark-Jersey City metro area, the borough of Cresskill in Bergen County, New Jersey, has convenient access to big city amenities. It's home to less than 9,000 residents, 15.9 percent of which are 65 and above. To provide assistance with activities of daily living to this senior group, the Cresskill area has 43 assisted living facilities — two in the borough and 41 nearby. Known as Assisted Living Residences, these facilities are regulated by the state's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cresskill
- The NJ Transit operates bus route 166, covering the areas of Cresskill, Bergenfield and New York. Senior patrons are entitled to half-fare discounts. Buses are safe and convenient, thanks to various accessibility features.
- Cresskill is one of the more peaceful locations within New Jersey, registering a low violent crime rate of just 7.5 and a low property crime rate of 11.6. These are much better figures than the state’s overall violent crime rate of 15.3 and property crime rate of 25.
- New Jersey’s income tax policy is considered moderately friendly towards Cresskill seniors. Pension income and retirement account withdrawals are partially taxed, while Social Security income is tax-free.
- According to the American Lung Association’s list of the most polluted metropolitan areas, the New York-Newark-Jersey City metro area ranks 10th in terms of high ozone days, 36th in terms of 24-hour particle pollution and 26th in terms of annual particle pollution. As part of this metro area, Cresskill poses a problem for seniors with respiratory ailments.
- Compared to the national average of 100 and the state’s average of 133, Cresskill’s overall cost of living index of 191 makes it one of the least affordable locations within New Jersey. Housing at 336 is the major contributor to the borough's high cost of living, although healthcare is more affordable at 97, slightly lower than the national average of 100.
- Cresskill’s comfort index of 55 out of 100 is almost at par with the national average of 54. Summer months are generally tolerable for seniors with the average high summer temperature of 85 degrees just slightly surpassing the comfort range of 70 to 80 degrees.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cresskill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Cresskill start around $5,640 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cresskill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cresskill
Seniors residents in Cresskill and the rest of New Jersey can avail of the Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports program. This is offered under the Comprehensive Demonstration Waiver and is administered by the Department of Human Services, Division of Medical Assistance and Health Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cresskill
Cresskill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cresskill, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cresskill
Cresskill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cresskill
Review of Sunrise of Cresskill
I have chosen Sunrise of Cresskill for my mother and it was excellent. The rooms are adequate size, you bring your own furniture, and they have a plethora of activities. She seems happy with the fo... Read more
Review of Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Cresskill
The staff is very caring. The facility is a large home where dementia residents stay together during the day, doing activities, eating, listening to music, watching television, etc. It has a much... Read more
Review of Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Cresskill
Fox Trail Memory Care Living at Cresskill is very small, I think there are maybe 12 residents, it's home-like, and it's on a quiet residential street. It's very calm, there's not a lot going on, an... Read more