4 Assisted Living Facilities near Belgrade, MT
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Belgrade area, with 2 in Belgrade and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 24 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Belgrade. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Belgrade 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Belgrade, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Belgrade, MT
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Belgrade, MT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Belgrade
Belgrade is a Montana city of about 9,000 people, roughly one in 10 of whom are aged 65 and over. Seniors in this city are served by the Gallatin County Council on Aging, a nonprofit organization that provides information, education and advocacy services to older adults, as well as one senior center.
Seniors who need around-the-clock supervision and assistance with daily living activities may choose to transition to one of the region's four assisted living facilities, two of which are located in Belgrade proper. These facilities in Belgrade, like all those in the state, are licensed by the Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Belgrade
- The Belgrade area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Bozeman.
- In Belgrade, seniors pay state income tax on all retirement income, but there is no sales tax here. Retirees whose income is below a certain threshold can claim a deduction on Social Security income, which may leave more money for assisted living expenses.
- Belgrade's overall cost of living is about 10% higher than the national average and 8% higher than the statewide average. This may result in more expensive assisted living, which may be a concern for some seniors.
- Belgrade's air quality is rated 75 on a 100-point scale, which is nearly 20 points higher than the national average. Seniors who have conditions like asthma or COPD may benefit from the city's clean air.
Violent crime and property crime occurs at the same rate in Belgrade as in Montana and the United States as a whole. Even so, seniors who are seeking local assisted living services may want to find a facility that prioritizes resident safety by utilizing modern security technology.
- In Belgrade, summers are warm with highs in the mid-80s and winters are cold with lows around 12 degrees. The city receives about 56 inches of snow per year, compared to the national average of 28 inches. This may be a concern for seniors who do their own driving or rely on mobility aids.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Belgrade
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Montana
Assisted Living costs in Belgrade start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Belgrade and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Belgrade
In Belgrade, seniors who qualify for Medicaid may have assisted living services covered by the Montana Medicaid Big Sky 1915(c) Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Montana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Montana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Belgrade
Belgrade and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Belgrade, please visit our Assisted Living in Montana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Belgrade
Belgrade-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Montana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Montana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Belgrade
Review of Elsie's Assisted Living
This facility gives excellent care. It is a small facility with more than the usual number of staff. They are very caring and attentive to the residents. The administrator (a former R.N.) also w... Read more