2 Assisted Living Facilities in Conrad, IA
Also serving communities of Eldora, Iowa Falls.
The average cost of assisted living in Conrad is $2,195 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Conrad. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Conrad 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Conrad, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Conrad
Conrad, located in northeast Iowa, was named after J.W. Conrad, who settled in Grundy County where Conrad was established in 1853. The city later became known as the Black Dirt Capital of the World because of its abundance of rich soil. There are 252 seniors who call Conrad home, 22.7% of the total population of 1,108. For seniors who are struggling with daily living activities, there are two assisted living facilities in the city to choose from.
Assisted living programs and residential care facilities, as assisted living facilities are known in Conrad and in all of Iowa, are licensed by the Department of Inspections and Appeals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Conrad
- Iowa does not tax Social Security benefits, which may make paying for assisted living easier for Conrad seniors.
- People with breathing issues might find that the good air quality in Conrad makes being outdoors easier. Conrad has an air quality rating of 87 out of 100, with 100 being the best. Conrad's score is almost 30 points higher than the U.S. average of 100.
Crime rates are low in Conrad, which may help seniors and their families feel safer. The violent crime rate is 13.6, and the property crime rate is 16, both significantly lower than the U.S. averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Conrad’s cost of living is 93.4, four points higher than the Iowa average of 87.5, and seven points lower than the U.S. average of 100. Although seniors can expect to pay less for transportation and groceries in the city, healthcare expenses run higher at 116. Housing costs are below the average at 77.2, which may make it more affordable for family members who want to live closer to their loved one.
- The Conrad area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Marshalltown.
- Conrad has a lot of precipitation, with 36 inches of rain and 34 inches of snow every year, which could pose difficulties for seniors with mobility issues. Sperling's Comfort Index gives the city a score of 30 out of 100, 24 points lower than the national average of 54, which suggests that people with arthritis may find that their joints feel a little stiffer in the city.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Conrad
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Iowa
Assisted Living costs in Conrad start around $2,195 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Conrad and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Conrad
Low-income Iowa seniors living in Conrad may be eligible for financial assistance through the HCBS Elderly waiver to help them cover their assisted living costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Conrad
Conrad and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Conrad, please visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Conrad
Conrad-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Iowa are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Iowa page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Conrad
Review of Oak Estates
Oak Estates is very good. I wouldn't have my father any place else. The services they provide are really good, and the price is very reasonable. We're very happy and very satisfied. The assisted li... Read more