2 Assisted Living Facilities in Franklin, GA
The average cost of assisted living in Franklin is $2,000 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Franklin, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Franklin
Franklin is a small city approximately an hour southwest of Atlanta and just to the north of LaGrange. The Heard County Historical Center and Museum is located in Franklin for those who enjoy history.
For seniors who want to retire in the area, there are 10 assisted living communities in the area. These facilities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health and they provide room and board, grooming, meals, housekeeping and medication administration. Some offer planned events like art classes and exercise for their residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Franklin
- The city of Franklin has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Griffin.
- Franklin has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Three Rivers Regional Commission on Aging, an organization that works to improve the lives of seniors in the region as well as at least one senior center.
- The Heard County Transit System provides discounted commutes for seniors for a variety of errands and appointments. The Three Rivers Regional Commission also serves seniors in Heard County who need rides to and from medical appointments and other errands.
- The cost of living index in Franklin is 91.2, which is lower than the national average and the state average of 100. This makes Franklin an affordable choice for seniors paying for assisted living and other expenses in the area.
- Crime in Franklin is ranked on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high). Property crime is 69.8 and violent crime is ranked 48.2. This is compared to the national average of 38.1 and 31.1 respectively. Seniors who live in assisted living facilities in Franklin may be concerned about the rate of crime though most facilities have multiple security measures in place to keep their residents safe.
- Like many cities in Georgia, winters in the Franklin are mild enough to allow outdoor activities most of the time, which is ideal for seniors who like to golf or sightsee year-round. Average January lows are around 31.
Paying for Assisted Living in Franklin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Franklin start around $2,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Franklin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Franklin
Qualified seniors who need help paying for assisted living care in Franklin can apply for the state Medicaid waiver programs. These programs include the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) or the Community Care Services Program (CCSP). Both are available to low-income individuals in personal care homes with at least 24 beds. Family supplementation is permitted to pay for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Franklin
Franklin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Franklin, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Franklin
Franklin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.