111 Assisted Living Facilities near San Pablo, CA
There are 111 Assisted Living Facilities in the San Pablo area, with 2 in San Pablo and 109 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in San Pablo is $2,995 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 369 reviews below for assisted living facilities in San Pablo. On average, consumers rate assisted living in San Pablo 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include El Cerrito with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in San Pablo, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in San Pablo, CA
109 Assisted Living Facilities near San Pablo, CA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in San Pablo
San Pablo, California, got its name from the Rancho San Pablo grant that was given to Francisco Castro, a soldier. Surrounded almost entirely by the city of Richmond, San Pablo has a population of over 31,000 residents, with seniors age 65 and over making up 10 percent of the people. Seniors and their families can choose among the 111 assisted living facilities in the area and the two communities located in the city limits.
Assisted living facilities are called residential care facilities (RCFs) in San Pablo and throughout the state. Oversight and licensing of RCFs are handled by the California Department of Social Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in San Pablo
- San Pablo offers comfortable temperatures throughout the year. The winter temperatures average from the mid to high 50s while the summer highs rarely exceed 80 degrees. In February, the area sees significant rainfall and averages around four inches per day. It's a great area for seniors who enjoy walking, gardening and other outdoor activities.
- Seniors can get to medical appointments, grocery stores and other locations in town by calling the Door-to-Door Shuttle. This is a shared-ride van that caters to seniors age 55 and older, and the disabled. Before riding for the first time, passengers must fill out an application.
- The San Pablo area is home to world-class medical facilities, including West County Health Center and the Kaiser Permanente Richmond Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- California doesn't tax Social Security retirement income but it does tax all other forms of retirement income, including 401(k) and IRAs. If a senior owns a home or land, they can apply for a reduction or elimination of property taxes.
- In San Pablo, the overall crime rate is 51 percent higher than the national average and 29 percent higher than the state's average. Seniors might want to inquire about security features before moving into an assisted living community here.
- Low-income seniors may struggle to make ends meet in this area. The overall cost of living is 52 percent higher than the national average, but 16 percent lower than California's average cost of living.
Paying for Assisted Living in San Pablo
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in California
Assisted Living costs in San Pablo start around $2,997 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in San Pablo and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in San Pablo
Medi-Cal, California's Medicaid program can help low-income seniors who need assistance paying for assisted living. The state also offers Medicaid waivers like the Assisted Living Waiver and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for seniors in San Pablo and throughout the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in California page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in San Pablo
San Pablo and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in San Pablo, please visit our Assisted Living in California page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in San Pablo
San Pablo-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in California are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in California page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in San Pablo, CA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in San Pablo
Review of Brookdale San Pablo
Brookdale San Pablo was great. It felt very welcoming when I walked in. All of the residents there seemed like they were well taken care of. Everything seemed pretty clean. Everyone seemed happy fr... Read more
Review of Brookdale San Pablo
My mother-in-law is at Brookdale San Pablo. The rooms are nice and maintained well. They wash for her and clean up the room. The whole place is clean. The dining area is nice and clea, and the menu... Read more
Review of Brookdale San Pablo
I was a little concerned at Brookdale San Pablo because the residents were pretty quiet and not active. It didn’t seem like a very lively place. The rooms were OK and nice. I went over there when t... Read more