2 Assisted Living Facilities in Vernon, AZ
Also serving communities of Lakeside.
The average cost of assisted living in Vernon is $3,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Vernon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Vernon 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vernon, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vernon
Vernon is an unincorporated community east of Show Low that is home to a large percentage of seniors. As of the 2010 Census, Vernon had a population of 1,443, including 311 people 65 years of age or older. Although Vernon is a small community, it offers seniors in the area two highly rated assisted living facilities from which to choose. Both of these facilities are licensed and regulated by Arizona's Division of Licensing Services, Office of Assisted Living Licensing, for quality assurance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vernon
- Vernon may be an affordable choice for seniors, with its cost of living that is 10.6 percent lower than the U.S. average and 22.6 percent lower than the average for Arizona.
- Seniors who like to experience all four seasons may enjoy Vernon's climate, which features warm summers and cold, snowy winters. The warmest month is July, with an average high temperature of 80 degrees. The coldest month is January, with a median low temperature of 20 degrees. In a typical year, Vernon receives about 73 inches of snow, which is much more than the national average of only 26 inches.
Crime rates in Vernon are slightly above the national average. For example, on a scale of one to 100, where 100 represents the most crime, Vernon has a property crime rate of 43.1, compared to the U.S. average of 38.1. Seniors who are concerned about safety in Vernon can ask its assisted living facilities about their security features.
- There is good and bad news for Vernon's retirees regarding taxes. While seniors don't have to pay state income taxes on their Social Security retirement benefits, all of their other retirement income is taxable.
- The Vernon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Summit Healthcare, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Based on EPA data, the air quality in Vernon is 73 on a scale of one to 100, where 100 is best. This means that Vernon's air is cleaner than the average U.S. city, which receives an air quality rating of just 58.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vernon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arizona
Assisted Living costs in Vernon start around $3,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vernon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vernon
Seniors in Vernon who qualify for Arizona's state Medicaid program can also apply to the Arizona Long-Term Care System (ALTCS) program, which helps eligible seniors pay for assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vernon
Vernon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vernon, please visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vernon
Vernon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arizona are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arizona page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Vernon
Review of Angel Wings Assisted Living
My mom is living at Angel Wings. They have Bingo and hospice nurses come in two or three days a week and do different things with them like exercising. They also have a TV room, a game table where ... Read more
Review of Angel Wings Assisted Living
Angel Wings is a nice, woman-run place with only 10 residents. It’s like walking into a home. There isn't an awful smell. My significant other seems to be settling in fine. There are always caregiv... Read more
Review of Bannon Springs Assisted Living
This facility is a 30 acre ranch set in the tall pines. The surrounding grounds and mountain views are beautiful. The four buildings are well maintained and currently they are doing new renovations... Read more