4 Assisted Living Facilities near Geneva, AL
Also serving communities of Hartford.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Geneva area, with 2 in Geneva and 2 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Geneva. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Geneva 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Dothan with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Geneva, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Geneva, AL
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Geneva, AL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Geneva
A rural community in the southern part of the state, Geneva, Alabama, is a small agricultural city an hour from the Gulf of Mexico. Approximately 20 percent of the population is 65 and older, some of whom need assistance with the tasks of daily living, such as grooming, medication administration and room and board. To accommodate these seniors, there are three assisted living facilities (ALFs) in the area, all of which are regulated by the Bureau of Health Facility.
In Geneva and the state of Alabama, ALFs operate under a standard license or one of several specialty licenses. Under a standard license, the ALF provides housing, meals and one or more personal care services. Other specialty licenses include a limited nursing service license and the extended congregate care license.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Geneva
- The Geneva area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Wiregrass Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The cost of living in Geneva is 24 percent lower than the national average, which makes the city and affordable option for seniors paying for memory care in the area.
- The SARCOA Area Agency on Aging offers transportation services to those 60 and older for free. The options vary depending on the local senior center and where the senior lives.
- Geneva has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Wiregrass Area Food Bank, an organization that provides bags of groceries to seniors in the area, including at least one senior center.
- Hot and humid summers with average July highs around 92 may make it difficult for seniors with respiratory illnesses to get outside. Winters are short and mild with average lows around 35 degrees. The area rarely gets any snow but gets an above average amount of rain.
- Crime in Geneva is slightly higher than the national average. Based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), property crime is ranked 40.4 and violent crime is ranked 34.6. These rates are compared to the national average of 38.1 and 31.1, respectively. While the area is relatively safe, seniors may want to inquire about the security measures in place at prospective facilities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Geneva
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Alabama
Assisted Living costs in Geneva start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Geneva and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Geneva
Seniors who need help paying for an assisted living facility may apply for help under the statewide 1915 MLTC waiver program. This program pays for a variety of personal care services. The waiver does not cover room and board. However, family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Geneva
Geneva and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Geneva, please visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Geneva
Geneva-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Alabama are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Alabama page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Geneva
Review of Westbrook Assisted Living
The staff at this facility is very friendly and my grandmother likes every who works there. This is important because we want her to feel comfortable with the people who care for her. The facility ... Read more