Pleasant Villa Independent Living

Reviews of Pleasant Villa Independent Living

Independent Living Reviews for Pleasant Villa Independent Living

December 06, 2016

By Erin755116

My father is in Pleasant Villa. I don’t have any problems with his room. It all seems nice and well taken care of. It is just the right amount of room for what he needs. Pleasant Villa is an older building, but it is well kept. There is no décor in your apartment; you have to bring all that yourself. When you get a large room/apartment, you have a kitchen with a refrigerator, you can bring in a microwave, you have a big bathroom, and if you need assistance or stuff like rails on the toilet or handrails on the bathroom, you just tell them what you need, and they’ll fix it for you. All of the staff seems very friendly. I like them all. They offer my father breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They have a laundry service once a week. They would do medicine reminders. Pleasant Villa is the most convenient, the best option, and the best price for what we were looking for.

Thank you. We are glad that your father is safe, comfortable and happy living with us.

November 23, 2016

By Edith468157

Pleasant Villa was wonderful. It was nice and light. They had remodeled. The residents were happy. I had lunch there, and the food was good.

November 22, 2016

By Dianna602254

My relative is in Pleasant Villa. We chose it because of its location, price, and the people. He plays bingo. They serve three meals a day. The staff is very caring and accommodating. They can provide transportation for his doctors' appointments. The place is clean, easy to go around in, and is a good fit for him.

February 01, 2014

Pleasant Villa is close to my mother's home and her church. The cost was a lot less than most of the places, too. It's been very pleasant. It's not a huge place, but it is nice and always looks clean. My mother stays in a 1-bedroom apartment. They provided 3 meals a day. I've been there several times when they were serving and food it looked fine to me. They don't have a medical staff, but they do handle her medicine. I think they have a mild exercise class in the morning. Most of the residents' average age is 70.

Questions about Pleasant Villa Independent Living

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Pleasant Villa Independent Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Ages spread from late 60s to early 90s. Mostly single occupants, a few couples. They enjoy our activities and the occasional outing.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Pleasant Villa Independent Living has organized?

Visits to a flea market, a Christmas festival, and a church choir presentation.

What transportation services does Pleasant Villa Independent Living offer to independent living residents?

Transportation to local Doctors, Dentists and Hospitals (Princeton and UAB West). We do not provide transportation to stores, rather, we will pick things up for them. We do not provide transportation for dialysis patients.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pleasant Villa Independent Living exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Full Breakfast (similar to a Waffle House) each morning, custom made to their desires. Full Lunch (meat and two sides, desert) each lunchtime. We can work with most dietary restrictions. Lighter Dinner every evening.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Dining Room, Lobby with public tables and TV, Library.

What safety features or security measures does Pleasant Villa Independent Living offer to independent living residents?

Emergency call pendants can be provided with enhanced services. We make a point of checking on people who miss a meal they would normally attend.

If Pleasant Villa Independent Living accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are located on 6 acres, so plenty of grassy areas around us. Dogs are limited to 25 pounds, and both pets are subject to our approval.

Does Pleasant Villa Independent Living work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Pleasant Villa will allow any agency or registry or home health or aide to come in and assist a resident at any time.

Costs for Pleasant Villa Independent Living

Photos of Pleasant Villa Independent Living

Services and Amenities of Pleasant Villa Independent Living

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Staff Patient Ratio: 5:1

About Pleasant Villa Independent Living

Locally owned and operated, Pleasant Villa Independent Living provides a safe, comfortable, stress-free place for today's Independent Seniors who are seeking an affordable option in the Greater Birmingham area. All of our three different sizes of one bedroom apartments are ready to be furnished with your own belongings. We provide three fresh cooked meals daily, as well as weekly housekeeping and laundry services. We provide activities twice a day, exercise classes three times a week, and Bible studies weekly. We provide local transportation to doctor's offices, and a weekly shopping service. All utilities are included, including cable TV and WiFi. And we are staffed 24 hours a day...just in case.

Pleasant Villa is smaller than most other Independent Living facilities, only 32 apartments, which creates a greater sense of family while allowing us to give more personal attention to each of our residents.

Map of Pleasant Villa Independent Living