Monarch Place

Reviews of Monarch Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Monarch Place

June 19, 2013

By Carolyn11

Victorian Manor is a very nice place. One thing I really liked about it was that they have tiny apartments. It has a little kitchenette with a microwave and the sink and the fridge. It had a separate bedroom and a little sitting area and then it had a little patio that you could go out on which I find it very nice. The rooms were very nice. In fact, I have never seen small tiny apartment in an assisted living place, it was very nice. The staff were all very friendly, helpful, and nice from the time I was there. The downside is just the location as it is not as close to the location where I've been living.

April 19, 2012

By treebeard88

The staff at the Victorian Manor are super friendly and willing to help. They have made my grandmother feel totally at home. They have great facilities. Her bedroom has a wonderful view of the trees outside and the lighting is perfect for her needlework. Every time I visit she has a smile on her face. The covered tenant drop off in front of the office is nice too. The prices are a great value for the services provided and the staff call my cell phone immediately if there are any problems concerning my grandmother. Knowing my grandmother is well taken care of at the Victorian Manor really takes a load off of my mind.

April 13, 2012

By Gloria Greening

The staff at Victorian Manor is great, very exceptional! They treat my father well. He is very independent, yet they give him a good level of care. I am impressed by the cleanliness of the place and also the size of his room which he has more than enough space to live in. The food is great and the pricing is great. They always call me to let me know of any problems and they do a great job of letting me know about everything that's going on with him. My dad is very happy there. I sleep well at night knowing he is well taken care of.

February 29, 2012

By thinfineline

A older neighbor of mine was moved in here about 6 months ago. On two visits to see her I was highly disappointed Victorian Manor. While the staff seemed friendly enough, they weren't quite as engaged with the paitients as I though they should be. I also have to assume the place has budget issues as everything seemed to be very dated. The facility is well maintained and clean, but the decor, library, and furnishings all seem to be from the 70's. The food they serve the residents is paletteable but fairly bland, but I guess that's to be expected. Overall this isn't the worst place but certainly not the best, and I wouldn't recommend it. Sadly my neighbor isn't in the best financial shape and has no real choice but to stay. If possible I would say look elsewhere.

Questions about Monarch Place

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Monarch Place. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The overall population here is farmers and teachers. The average age is 75. The residents enjoy bingo and fellowship.

What programs or activities does Monarch Place offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brookdale offers brain games, daily exercise, and multiple outings.

What places are near Monarch Place or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

They have Wallace State Community College with the senior exercise program, and two walking parks within the city.

What transportation services does Monarch Place offer to assisted living residents?

We provide transportation to and from medical appointments. All shopping trips and outings, including dining out and social trips.

What makes the chef or dining program at Monarch Place exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Everything here is made from scratch. It resembles the feeling of home cooked meals that everyone enjoys.

What safety features or security measures does Monarch Place offer to assisted living residents?

We have personalized dependents per resident to assist in this matter.

How does Monarch Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Families are informed through emails, letters, and phone calls regarding their loved ones.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Monarch Place during daytime and nighttime hours?

There are 3 care staff to 47 residents on nights, and during daytime hours there is a fully staffed office to assist with anything or any comfort the residents may need.

If Monarch Place accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Brookdale does accept cats and dogs, we have a courtyard outside for walking and playing with pets. Inside, they have access to anywhere in the community besides the dining room if they are leashed.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

All staff members complete monthly in-service related to different diagnosis and different safety interventions. All staff members are required to complete 11 in state training courses keeping them up to date regarding any changes to senior living.

Photos of Monarch Place

Services and Amenities of Monarch Place

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: D2209

About Monarch Place

A Little Extra Help. A Lot of Love and Care.

Sometimes a little everyday assistance, close at hand, is all it takes to continue enjoying the active life you love. With Assisted Living at Monarch Place, located in Cullman County near family and friends, you’ll continue to flourish in a place filled with Southern charm and welcoming hospitality. With just the right amount of support with things like personal care, medication reminders, dining, housekeeping and transportation – life becomes more enjoyable and independent.

We’re a vibrant, beautiful Assisted Living community in Hanceville, AL, unlike other traditional nursing homes in the area. Our experienced team ensures your unique needs are met with the highest level of care and kindness. They’ll take the time to get to know you and your family and listen to your preferences, so you can live each day your way. Monarch Place is a nonprofit organization near Hanceville, AL, and you’ll come to know that everything we do is focused on improving the lives of those we serve.

Services and amenities that make life more convenient

• Beautifully landscaped grounds
  • Surface parking
  • Business center with computers
  • Porch
  • Flat screen TV
  • Community room (rental space)

Assisted Living

At Monarch Place in Hanceville, AL, our beautiful apartments are designed with convenience, accessibility and all the comforts of home in mind. Each comes with a private bath with special safety features, large closets and a 24-hour emergency response system. Some offer fully equipped kitchens, too. You’ll also find plenty of cozy community areas for socializing and entertaining.

Restaurant-style dining provides a joyful experience shared with great neighbors. You’ll savor cooked-to-order favorites from a delicious, choice-filled menu that’s specially prepared by our professional culinary team.

Here in Cullman County, AL, you’ll find the confidence and freedom to enjoy all life has to offer, like our full calendar of events and activities, lunch with friends at your favorite café, game night in our activities room, and innovative wellness programs designed to keep you happy, healthy and whole.

Map of Monarch Place