Good estate planning is simply making sure that the financial assets that are most important to you and your family -- no matter how much or how little -- go to the intended recipients as quickly, cheaply, and easily as possible.
Estate planning involves managing money and property during life and passing it to survivors after death. Know what the basic estate planning documents can do.
The essential issues your parents will address through estate planning
10 things to include in a final will. Find out what's most important to include when considering a final will, such as naming an executor or beneficiaries.
More About Estate Planning
- Probate: What It Is -- and How to Avoid It
- Estate Plan for Digital Assets
- Revocable Living Trusts: A Beginner's Guide
- What to Expect from a Trusts and Estates Attorney
- Checklist: What to Do When Someone Dies
- Estate Planning 101 Videos
- Estate Planning by the Numbers (Infographic)
- More Than Half of American Adults Don't Have a Will, 2017 Survey Shows
- How to Stay Respectful (and Legal) in Parents' Estate Planning
- How Does a Generation-Skipping Trust Work?
- You're Turning 65: A Must-Do Checklist
- 5 Legal Documents You Need for Your Loved Ones
- 10 Things You Should Know About Your Parents' Finances
- Are family corporations a good or bad idea?
- How should my father balance estate planning, tax planning, and Medicaid look back rules?
- How do we preserve my deceased father's estate when my mother remarries?
- Father wants to deed his second home to my brother and I. Are we liable for a gift tax?
- SALE TAXES RIP OFF
- In-laws are building addition on my home to care for father-in-law with dementia, do they have a right to do that?
- Will life insurance pay you if you suddenly die from nothing or old age?
- Can our family sue my brother after illegal sale of Mom's home?
- Will my SSI take away all inheritance while in a home?
- Can a LLCbeplaced in a trust, if so, does this cause any problems for beneficiar
- i own half a house with my father,what happens to the house if he would haft to
- As DPA, can I sell real property willed to another person?
- Is an IRA account with beneficiaries listed considered part of the estate?
- Can the executor of a will make changes to make things fair for everyone?
- wht we have to do to get our money
- Men's Health
- Read more questions about Estate Planning…