Never underestimate the power of storytelling. Stories help us cope. They help us understand what's happening to us and to the ones we love. They help us make difficult decisions. They help us know -- and really feel -- that we are not alone.
Here, discover just a few real stories about caregiving and aging. Want to share your story? Visit our online support groups.
In Their Own Words
Senior Care Stories
- How Assisted Living Helped One Dad Discover the Internet
- A Geriatrician's Search for Senior Living
- Caregiver's "Widow-Maker" Heart Attack
- From Newlywed to Nurse
- Proud Parents Caring for a Wounded Veteran
- What's It Like to Live in Assisted Living?
- Creating a New "Home Sweet Home"
- A Journey out of Darkness
- Finding Friendship and Fellowship in a New Home
- The Great Ballantine
- Powderpuff Football for Alzheimer's Awareness
Caregiver Honor Roll
Secrets of Centenarians
- Dorris T. O'Dell, 102: Try Not to Worry About Regrets
- Ruth Schmidt Climer, 103: Don't Dwell on the Tough Times
- Kitty Mosely, 103: Enjoy Every Day
- Bill Frank, 103: He'd Do It All Again
- Louise Seely, 102: Learn From Your Challenges
- Dona Rosa, 103: Love Each Other and Forgive
- Francoise Desneige Marquis, 101: There's Just So Much to Do!
- Simo Radulovich, 102: You Need a Sense of Humor