Hiring In-Home Caregivers
Discover 18 powerful stories -- told in words, photos, and videos -- that capture what caregiving really feels like. (Warning: These stories are very emotional -- you'll likely laugh, and cry.)
A caregiver isn't a face in the crowd; a caregiver is the crowd. Him, her, you, me, spouses, adult children, old friends, siblings. You too can identify with these caregivers in the crowd.
Aging Americans largely rely on the help of their families and friends. Though every family caregiver is different, here are some similar traits we found among family caregivers in the Caring.com community.
More About Hiring In-Home Caregivers
- The Unknown Caregiver
- The Male Caregiver
- The Female Caregiver
- The Future Caregiver
- The Digital Caregiver
- The Working Caregiver
- Best Caregiving Apps of 2017
- Caregiving and Black History Month
- Surviving Alzheimer's: Practical Tips and Soul-Saving Wisdom for Caregivers
- 6 Tips for Coordinating Care With Friends, Family, and Care Professionals
- How to Get Paid for Being a Family Caregiver
- Asthma Facts and Statistics
- How to Deal With Caregiver Theft
- 10 Things to Discuss With a New Caregiver
- Thanking Caregivers
- 3 Ways to Shush a Constant Critic
- How do I become a caregiver?
- What is appropriate severance to pay a caregiver when patient dies?
- When a good in-home caregiver loses enthusiasm, how can I get her back on board?
- How can I get paid for caregiving?
- How do I become a Medicaid paid caregiver?
- As a caregiver is there any kind of aid or tax breaks I can...
- How can you help convince a caregiver to stop focusing exclusively on caregiving?
- How do I become a paid caregiver for my own family?
- I'm starting to feel abused by being a caregiver. What can I do about it?
- What is the first thing that a caregiver should do when they start working with a client for the first time?
- Can I Get Paid to Be a Family Caregiver?
- How can we calm an abusive dementia patient?
- Mom won't put Dad in a nursing home, but we think she should.
- At what stage of dementia should I place my wife in a home?
- Where is the best place to start to become a caregiver?
- What paperwork is needed for a live-in caregiver?