Brookdale Clinton Independent Living

Reviews of Brookdale Clinton

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Clinton

March 20, 2018

By Daniel

I find Brookdale Clinton to be well-run and well-appointed. It is not particularly easy to get to, but it is relatively close to my parents' current home. The staff members are accommodating. The rooms are small but well designed. Activities appear plentiful and appropriate. They have social hours, shopping trips, and dining trips.

August 21, 2017

By Chris

I loved the independent unit of Brookdale Clinton. The staff was excellent and they don't have a lot of turnover, so we've known most of them for nine years. When they'd see my mother they'd hug her, that's how close they were. She had a 1-bedroom apartment and she did really well. She had caregivers for the last year and half so that's why we decided to move her next door to memory care, because she needed more care. The people were nice, her apartment was nice, and they would come in and clean it. The chef for both memory and independent care were the same, so the food is really good. They had this nice room with a fireplace for when they have discussions or guests. They had a library, a game room, and the dining room was large, lovely, and very pleasant. They also have a beauty salon and we became very good friends with the hairstylist. They had a café and there's popcorn, they had a happy hour where they'd serve wine. That's where they usually have people come in and play music or movies. The exercise room was next to the cafe. It's two floors and they had 1-bedroom and 2-bedroom apartments. They had a chapel and there were these little nooks in the hallways where people were always working on puzzles. They had one large room upstairs with a big table and chairs for the residents to just hang out in. The atmosphere was very friendly. My mom used to ask me, "How did you ever find this place? I love it here." They had some really great activities and I have been to some of them. They take them out to eat at different restaurants once a week. It's a little more expensive, but it's worth the money for the services you get.

February 21, 2016

By Sue120501350

I thought Brookdale Clinton was a very nice facility. We had lunch there, and the food was good. It looked like a well-run facility, but my uncle has decided that he wants to stay where he is now. The staff was very courteous and helpful. I was very impressed with this place. The apartment we looked at was very nice and well kept but small.

January 29, 2016

By Linda119057850

I was able to visit Brookdale Clinton, and I viewed the place very favorably. We went there several times, and it was neat and clean. I happened to be there during their happy hour. The residents were clapping, laughing, and interacting. Everyone had meal choices, and they were raving about the food. We looked at the apartments, and they all looked neat and clean with everything you could possibly want. I liked the option of having therapy if need be. They had exercise equipment there.

October 31, 2015

By Caring Daughter35

My father has been in Brookdale for some months now. My father made his decision based on meeting the manager; her name is Janet. My father meets someone there that he knows from long ago, and that kind of breaks the ice. Then when he sits down and talks to Janet, she is really solely responsible for his decision to move in there. She is a remarkable person. I think the most important at his age is food. He actually likes better variety of food. I eat the main meal and the food is very good. My husband and I both eat there on another occasion, and it is excellent. He has a one-bedroom unit with a living room and a kitchenette. It is just in the right size. We appreciate having someone there all the time. We thank that he can walk out in the community. He does not have to stay inside. He can go out and talk to people. He is very happy that they have flowers. He is looking forward in having some gardening in the spring because he always enjoys growing plants. The grounds are nice. There is a little patio. It has easy access. He takes his walker and goes outside for fresh air. I think it is a terrific place for this time of his life, and I am very happy that he is able to live there. The staff is incredible, and honestly, it is the staff that matters. They interact with them all the time. This is a very special environment, and the staff really makes it work.

March 01, 2015

By Barb S.

This is a wonderful community. I am so glad we looked here prior to moving my parents into assisted living elsewhere. The building is well maintained and the maintenance staff is very accommodating and patient. The food is excellent and choices abundant. All of the staff called my parents by name the day we moved them in. They are kind, patient and understanding. Even though it is a large community, the staff not only knows my parents but also they also know me and who I am connected to. When one parent was in the hospital and the other with family, they asked after both of them. The fact they know my parents and what is going on in their lives is very comforting to me. They contact me with any problems or concerns and I am very comfortable reaching out to them as well. What a Godsend this has been.

Questions about Brookdale Clinton

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Brookdale Clinton. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents at Brookdale Clinton vary in age, but you'll find most are in their 70s-80s. To give you an idea of what we do, the Rose Garden Choir (an outside group who holds their practices here) performs with the participation of our residents who love to sing at every birthday party. We hold a Discussion Group lead by one of our residents (every Tuesday at 10am) who is a history buff and found purpose leading conversation about current events. Our Bakers Group makes the monthly birthday cake (lead by one of our residents) for the resident birthday celebration and the cake is decorated by a resident, who is an extremely talented artist.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Clinton Farmer's Market, Nicky Doodles Ice Cream, Sherrill Brook Park, Price Chopper, Dollar Tree, Walmart, Dollar General

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Brookdale Clinton has organized?

We go all over! Fort Stanwix, North Star Orchards, Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute, Fountain Elms, Cafe CaNole, Brimfield Winery.

What transportation services does Brookdale Clinton offer to independent living residents?

Our Brookdale shuttle makes trips for local shopping, plus we offer rides to appointments. As well, there are planned outings/field trips scheduled through our transportation services. We also provide transportation to church.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Clinton exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Chef Dominick has been with Brookdale for 9 years and comes to us with a background in fine dining - he worked at a 5-Star restaurant and owned his own restaurant before joining our team. He hosts Menu Chats on Wednesday's at 10:30 am and Cooking Demos. And Jenn our Dining Supervisor creates a beautiful dining experience with fresh cut flowers weekly on the tables.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

If you're looking to make a friend and get involved, the first place to go is our dining room! Unlike other Independent Living communities, we offer three meals per day in our restaurant and many residents take us up on that. You may also enjoy our café, game room, parlor, theatre, library as well as outdoor patios, courtyard and gazebo.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Clinton offer to independent living residents?

While all of our apartments are handicap accessible, we have our staff check in on residents daily, to make sure all is well. There is 24/7 security at the front desk should anything arise and each resident has the option of having an emergency pendant that, when activated, while alert our safety staff to respond to the apartment.

If Brookdale Clinton accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love to welcome small pets (cats and dogs) to Brookdale! There is plenty of outdoor space, courtyards and walking paths for you and your furry friend to enjoy.

Does Brookdale Clinton work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We are proud to recommend only agencies that are reputable and reliable. Residents at Brookdale Clinton may hire their own support services or have family provide caregiving. Whether its medical/physical needs or simply companion services, you are welcome to have caregivers onsite.

Photos of Brookdale Clinton

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Clinton

About Brookdale Clinton

Villas of Sherman Brook provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life® and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life® we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining, with fresh meals prepared by chefs trained in our own Culinary Arts Institute, and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program. These activities fill the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities highlighting different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

3 daily wellness checks, 24 hr security, pet-friendly, scheduled transportation, kitchenettes.

Map of Brookdale Clinton