Assisted Living in Onondaga County

yrs

Brookdale Liverpool

4055 Long Branch Rd., Liverpool, NY
$$$$
Brookdale Liverpool of Syracuse, New York, is located in a charming suburb just north of Onandaga Lake Park. It is easily accessed from the south and north via the New York Thruway 90 or I-690. This well-kept retirement community in a lush park-like setting receives high praise for its nutritious meals, numerous special assistance programs and semi-furnished private rooms that residents can personalize with their own decorative touches. Residents and visitors also appreciate ... (read more)

Brookdale Bellevue

4330 Onondaga Boulevard, Syracuse, NY
$$$$
Brookdale, located in a quiet residential neighborhood, has a homey and welcoming feel. The rooms are designed to be easily accessible for seniors with mobility concerns, and the staff is attentive and compassionate. Some of the activities residents say they enjoy most are the community sing-a-longs, visiting musicians and comedy shows. Nutritious meals are served in the dining room, and residents say they appreciate the personal touch from the waitstaff. Bathroom, bathing an... (read more)

The Hearth on James

830 James Street, Syracuse, NY
$$$$
The Hearth on James is a pristine retirement community in Syracuse, New York, and is located less than two miles to the area's four world-class hospitals and medical facilities. Visitors appreciate that the community’s annual calendar is packed with engaging activities that help keep the residents involved. Some of the amenities include a well-appointed dining area, beauty salon/barber shop and relaxing common areas. Residents and visitors find the facility's staff to be kind... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 9 days
yr

Brookdale Manlius

100 Flume Road, Manlius, NY
$$$$
Laurie: "My mom has moved into Brookdale Manlius. It's wonderful. I like all the activities they have. They have outings, exercise classes, and entertainment. They serve three meals a day. They provide the meals, housekeeping, laundry, and transportation. They also have a hairdresser onsite. The place is decorated nice, kept clean, and all-around cozy."

The Hearth at Greenpoint

150 Old Liverpool Road, Liverpool, NY
$$$$
Bruce143210: "There are 3 reasons why we didn't go to The Hearth at Greenpoint. They are more expensive, there wasn't an immediate opening, and for the most part, they're much bigger a community; I think my folks would have been kind of lost in there. It would have been too big for them to get used to immediately and to get around. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful setting. I really like the place. I liked everything about it when I was there looking it over. The grounds are OK, but the... (read more)
Special Promotion! Ends in 9 days

The Athenaeum Of Skaneateles

150 Genesee Street, Skaneateles, NY
1 review
Ted: "The Athenaeum of Skaneateles is beautiful. It's a big mansion. It's a big, single family home and it's now built into 14 really nice rooms. It's more like living at your house. It's very clean. We got a full tour. We talked to everybody, even the maintenance guy and the director of events. The head of the place took us around for a couple of hours. We met the chef and he was really friendly. The dining area was beautiful and overlooked Skaneateles Lake. It has two big tables... (read more)

Brookdale East Side

7164 East Genessee Street, Fayetteville, NY
$$$$
Kathleen: "Brookdale East Side was very nice. It was a larger community with more activities. However, it's about a half-hour from where I live, so it wasn't as convenient. We had to wait for a while for a staff member to give us a tour; that’s was one thing I was concerned about. The community was beautiful; however, I didn't think that we needed to wait as long as she had as waiting. They have a shuttle bus, and they go out on trips, they have video screen where they can play games, ... (read more)

McHarrie Pointe

7740 Meigs Road, Baldwinsville, NY
$$$$
Sharon: "Everything about McHarrie Pointe was fine. The staff who toured me was very nice, friendly, and informative. They had different activities and a library, scheduled outings, a calendar of events such as little entertainment groups that might come in, and card games."

The Nottingham

1303 Nottingham Road, Jamesville, NY
$$$$
John: "I was very impressed with the staff at The Nottingham as well as the administration. They've taken very good care of my mother. The facility is extremely clean and well appointed. It’s comparable to an upper-end hotel. The food is very good and portions are ample. They have a variety of activities available for the residents. It's a community that you can start off in an apartment and as you require care, you can receive that care all the way up through skilled nursing, whic... (read more)

New Sunnyside Adult Home

7010 Collamer Road, East Syracuse, NY
1 review
Regina Lapchenko: "My mother Regina Lapchenko was a resident at Sunnyside Adult home for a very short time this year. I would like to send Cindy and her staff my appreciation for all their dedication, loving support and most of all their kind and caring words. Not just towards my mother Regina, but towards all of their residents. Our communty is truly blessed to have such a professional and caring facility that sees each resident as a PERSON that is individual and important. The faculty a... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 21 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Onondaga County is $3,504 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Onondaga County area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 136 reviews of assisted living communities in the Onondaga County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 21 assisted living communities in the Onondaga County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.