Caring.com Student-Caregiver Bi-Annual Scholarship
Are you caring for an adult relative while enrolled in a U.S. college or university? At Caring.com, we know that caregiving can be both difficult and rewarding. It becomes even more difficult when you have to juggle classes and student life alongside caregiving responsibilities. Caring.com is offering three $1,500 scholarships to university students attending an accredited U.S. college or university who care for aging relatives. Submit your story though a 1500-word essay or 2-minute video telling us about your journey.
Caring.com is offering three $1,500 scholarships to university students attending an accredited U.S. college or university who care for aging relatives. Submit your story though a 1500-word essay or 2-minute video telling us about your journey.
- Who are you caring for and how are you involved as their caregiver?
- How has your role as a caregiver influenced the decision for your major/career path?
- How would this scholarship be helpful to you in your current student-caregiving role?
Share your #CaringScholar story by June 30, 2017.
Congratulations to the Fall 2016 #CaringScholar Scholarship winners:
- Tommy Tran -- Tommy Tran is a student at the University of Houston who is majoring in biotechnology and caring for his father.
- Jessica Jacob -- Jessica Jacob is studying nursing at Adelphi University while providing care for her mother.
- DreAnna Perry -- DreAnna Perry is a student at Brigham Young University studying exercise physiology and caring for her mother.
- Three students attending a U.S. college or university (and in good academic standing) will each receive a $1,500 grant for tuition and/or books.
- Read the Scholarship Agreement.
- Complete and submit the Application Form by 11:59PM PDT on 6/30/2017.
Judging will be based on the following criteria, that include, but are not limited to:
- Submission quality (inspiring, extraordinary, or otherwise compelling).
- Impact the scholarship will make on the life of the student and the person they care for.
- Whether the applicant has addressed the application questions and satisfied the application guidelines.
- For students attending a U.S. university or college in Fall Term 2017 (starting August 2017), who have been caring for an older relative while attending school. Includes current high school students who are matriculating in Fall 2017 and have been involved in caregiving during high school and intend to continue while attending college.
- Students must follow all application instructions and agree to the Scholarship Agreement.
More than 40 million people in the United States care for someone over age 50, yet most have little preparation or experience when they begin their caregiving journey.
Caring.com is the leading online destination for those seeking information and support as they care for aging grandparents, parents, spouses, and other loved ones. We equip caregivers to make better decisions, save time and money, and feel less stressed -- as they face the many challenges of caregiving.
To make that journey a little easier, we provide personal, one-on-one guidance with a Family Advisor, thousands of original articles, a comprehensive Senior Care Directory with reviews from real caregivers, and the collective wisdom of an involved community. Caring.com's carefully researched and expert-reviewed content includes advice from a team of more than 50 trusted leaders in geriatric medicine, law, finance, senior housing, and in-home care.