Find out how living wills (also called advance health directives) work, why you need one, and how to get started setting up a living will. Plus: Get answers to frequently asked questions about living wills--or ask your own question.
Find out what person-centered living is and how it helps seniors improve their health and well-being.
7 Important Instructions to Include in an Advance Care Directive
How to set up a living will or health care directive. How to figure out what the person in your care wants and make sure it's reflected in the documents.
More About Living Will
- How to Get a Free Advance Directive
- What Is an Advance Health Care Directive (or Living Will)?
- 5 Legal Documents You Need for Your Loved Ones
- Women and Aging
- Caring Checklist: What to Do When Someone Dies
- 3 Good Reasons to Organize Legal Documents in the Mildest Stages of Dementia
- You're Turning 65: A Must-Do Checklist
- Estate Planning 101
- Senior Care Terms Explained
- What do I do when a health care directive is challenged by hospital doctors?
- Does there need to be specific language in an advance directive regarding Alzheimer's?
- Is there restitution when you find out medical professions did not comply with legal documents?
- Are POA and health care directives valid regardless of which US state Mom is living in?
- Is there an online living will form for the state of Tennessee?
- What legal paperwork for parents is necessary besides a will?
- Can you provide me with a list of "end of life" questions to address with my family?
- How can I obtain the forms required for a free living will or advance directive?
- Does an advanced directive for health care agents supersede a durable power of attorney for medical decisions, if you have both?
- How can I obtain my deceased mother's medical records?
- How can I ensure that my domestic partner will be empowered to handle my medical care and financial decisions?
- Are living trusts and living wills the same?