Elder Abuse, Neglect, and Mistreatment
If you're worried about an elderly loved one -- and whether they might be victims of financial abuse, emotional abuse, neglect, or mistreatment, find resources to help.
Common financial scams that target the elderly -- and how you can help your family avoid them.
Financial scams abound, but there are ways to protect yourself. Learn the ten most common financial scams, and how not to get snared by them.
Hiring a caregiver for your loved one opens the door to possible theft. Learn five signs that a caregiver may be stealing from you or your loved one.
More About Elder Abuse, Neglect, and Mistreatment
- How do I report caregiver fraud?
- How can I protect my grandfather's assets?
- How do I get my grandmother to stop being scammed by psychics?
- What can I do to stop my brothers from commiting fraud against my mother?
- How can I protect my mother from being taken advantage of by my brother?
- How do we protect my grandfather from scams?
- Are Medicaid annuities a scam?
- My mother was recently involved in an internet dating scam...
- How can I get my father removed from scam "sweepstakes" mailing lists?
- What can I do to contest a power of attorney with a forged signature?
- How do we protect a home that is being rented from being taken over when the owner dies?
- How can I protect my mother's finances from her "friend?"
- I feel my father is being scammed. What can I do?
- Can my brother be fired or reported for fraud if he is neglecting my mother?
- What do we do if we suspect fraud by the power of attorney?
- How can I stop family from taking advantage of my mom?
- Read more questions about Elder Abuse, Neglect, and Mistreatment…