16 Independent Living Communities in Glen Allen, VA

Verena at the Glen

10286 Brook Road, Glen Allen, VA
Gwen: "Verena at the Glen was a nice facility, and the reception was good, but I was just exploring some options. There was a theater room, transportation, and everything was inclusive. There were activities for seniors to get involved in. The st... (read more)

The Atlantic at Twin Hickory

5001 Hickory Park Dr, Glen Allen, VA
lovedone114: "They are extremely rude. Don't bother calling for information or even moving your family here. Besides the fact it is very outdated and have no fun activities, the management doesn't care. Treat people better and you won't have such bad oc... (read more)

Imperial Plaza

1717 Bellevue Ave., Richmond, VA
Imperial Plaza is located in northern Richmond, Virginia, close to I-95 and beautiful Bryan Park. Residents enjoy bright, clean living areas, a grocery store and buses to take them to medical appointments and on fun excursions. Visitors and... (read more)

Dogwood Terrace

10300 Three Chopt Rd, Richmond, VA
Marion: "Everything at Dogwood Terrace was very nice. They had a pool table, library, movies, exercise room, and beautiful dining room where they serve three meals a day. The staff was very friendly and nice. We liked it there."

2018

Heritage Oaks

1100 German School Rd , Richmond, VA
Carol: "I'm at Heritage Oaks. It's independent with help. They have three meals a day and offer housecleaning and laundry and just about anything you want. It's been great. The people are wonderful. I like the rooms. The food is great, and the sta... (read more)

The Virginian

300 Twinridge Ln, Richmond, VA
Visitor2018: "My 79 year-old father and I visited this facility over the weekend. We have visited one other Holiday Retirement community in the area. From a facilities layout perspective, our overall impression was good. Lots of natural light, furniture... (read more)

The Towers Retirement Community

7015 Carnation Street, Richmond, VA
Caring6783: "The Towers Retirement Community was really very nice. I liked everything about it, except that the apartment didn't have a dishwasher. It had a stove, so you can cook. If I will relocate, it would most probably be at this place. They have ... (read more)

Lakewood Manor

1900 Lauderdale Drive, Richmond, VA
Bob M: "I'll be moving to Lakewood Manor in two years when the new building is done. It was wonderful. They have a large community with over 200 residents, including single homes and apartments, and they're working on some new construction, which ... (read more)

The Crossings at Bon Air

9100 Bon Air Crossings Drive, Richmond, VA
Centrally located in Richmond, Virginia with easy access to the Midlothian Turnpike, The Crossings at Bon Air is a contemporary independent and assisted living facility for people over 55 years old. Residents who enjoy socializing praise th... (read more)

Carriage Hill Apartments

7000 Coachman Lane, Richmond, VA
Clifford147036: "I am in the Carriage Hill. Everybody here is over 55. There aren't any children, just senior citizens. They have a plan where the rent includes utilities. It looks very nice and very well kept-up. All the apartments were built around 1979.... (read more)

Discovery Village At The West End Independent Living

9801 Harmony Woods Way, Richmond, VA
Samantha448046: "The Pemberton at University Park was very expensive but nice. They're very friendly and give you lots of information so it was good. "

Dominion Place

1025 West Grace Street,, Richmond, VA
Caring1033: "My husband chose to move at Dominion Place Association because he liked that area of town. It was his first choice of places to move in. The apartments were small but it was well-insulated that you did not hear the neighbor's loud music. T... (read more)

Summerhill at Sony Point

9250 Forest Hill Ave., Richmond, VA
retiringdela: "My Father lived at Summerhill for a little over eight years before he passed. He enjoyed gardening, playing bridge, and having his own unit that he bought. Summerhill has transportation for residents to go shopping, to a doctor's appoint... (read more)

Norcroft Townhomes

401 Norcroft Circle, Richmond, VA
Lorraine35: "My husband and I have been living at Norcroft Apartments. I love the place very well because the rooms are nice and spacious. The bathroom is a big enough for my husband and I. The staff is wonderful. They have quite a few programs. They t... (read more)

Guardian Place

1620 Hamilton St, Richmond, VA
GPI415: "For the first time in my life I was looking at living alone. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but in looking for places to live I was given the opportunity to visit and tour Guardian Place. I knew immediately that it was the place to try. ... (read more)

Darby House

1400 Shirleydale Road , Richmond, VA

At A Glance

There are 16 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,600 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Glen Allen area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 8 reviews of independent living communities in the Glen Allen area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 16 independent living communities in the Glen Allen area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.