Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
Lakeshore Assisted Living10919 Mistletoe Drive, Thonotosassa, FL
Stone Ledge Manor Assisted Living & Memory Care12006 McIntosh Road, Thonotosassa, FL
Aldea Green700 S Kings Ave, Brandon, FL
Palm Terrace Assisted Living & Adult Day Care5121 East Serena Drive, Tampa, FL
Atria Lutz414 Chapman Road East, Lutz, FL
Promise Pointe at Tampa Oaks12110 Morris Bridge Road, Temple Terrace, FL
Central Tampa Assisted Living5010 N. 40 St, Tampa, FL
Legacy at Highwoods Preserve18600 Highwoods Preserve Parkway, Tampa, FL
Patty's House #42805 Jerry Smith Rd, Dover, FL
Colonial Assisted Living at Tampa11722 North 17 Street, Tampa, FL
At A Glance
There are 42 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Thonotosassa is $2,500 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Thonotosassa area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 19 reviews of assisted living communities in the Thonotosassa area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 42 assisted living communities in the Thonotosassa area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
Thonotosassa, Florida, is located approximately 15 miles northeast of Tampa. Nestled in the Lower Hillsborough Wilderness Preserve, Thonotosassa offers outdoor-loving seniors easy access to boating, hiking and wildlife. With a senior population of nearly one-fifth, Thonotosassa has 58 assisted living facilities in close proximity to choose from. ALFs in Florida are divided into four separate categories and are licensed by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration. ALFs are defined by the Department of Elder Affairs as establishments that offer non-medical services in a homelike environment for adults who can no longer live independently.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
- Seniors benefit from tax cuts when living in Florida. In Thonotosassa as well as the rest of the state, Social Security income and pension income is exempt from taxation.
- Thonotosassa has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Thonotosassa Park and Recreation Center, an organization that offers socialization through communal meals and various activities including the Senior Travelers group (a group of active older adults that takes trips with provided transportation).
- The violent crime rate in Thonotosassa is 18.5 percent higher than the national average, and the property crime rate in the area is 8.6 higher than the country's mean rate.
- The Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) mass transit system serves the Thonotosassa area. Seniors who live in the Thonotosassa region qualify for discounted fares when using public transportation.
- Air quality across the country is measured based on the number of hazardous air pollutants in the atmosphere and quantified on a scale of one to 100 (with a perfect score being 100). Thonotosassa's air quality score (53) is worse than the national average by 5 percent.
- Temperatures in Thonotosassa range from 60 to 80 degrees all year long, with around 13 more inches of rain annually than the national average. Seniors who dislike the snow or cold winters will find Thonotosassa offers a predictable climate without any snow.
Paying for Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Thonotosassa start around $2,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Thonotosassa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Thonotosassa
The Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program and 1915(b)(c) MLTC program provide financial assistance for assisted living costs in Thonotosassa.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Thonotosassa
Thonotosassa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Thonotosassa
Thonotosassa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.