16 Independent Living Communities in Grand Rapids, MI

Also serving communities of Wyoming, Rockford, Sparta.

Lincoln Square

3121 Lake Michigan Dr Nw, Grand Rapids, MI
Kate: "Lincoln Square was the facility that I liked the most. It had a very lively setting. We were there at dinner hour, and it looked like the people were having a really nice time talking and chatting. The staff was very helpful and warm. We d... (read more)

Sentinel Pointe Retirement Community

2900 Thornhills Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI
Catherine: "I was able to visit Sentinel Pointe. The staff was excellent. They were all very friendly and willing to answer all my questions. I thought the amenities were top-of-the-line and very much in line with what other communities offer. The pla... (read more)

American House Grand Rapids

2619 Kalamazoo Ave. SE, Grand Rapids, MI
American House Grand Rapids, a senior living community in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is surrounded by scenic parks and conveniently located near shopping centers. Visitors to the community point out the spacious, clean rooms and note that resi... (read more)

Heron Manor

2110 Leonard St NE, Grand Rapids, MI
Heron Manor of Grand Rapids, Michigan is conveniently located near I-96. Visitors and residents praise the facility for its large apartments, which have spacious bedrooms, wheelchair-accessible full kitchens and large windows. Heron Manor o... (read more)

Pine Oak Senior Community

850 36th St SW, Grand Rapids, MI
Caring100471950: "I actually moved into Pine Oak Senior Community. It’s for senior citizens 62 and over. I have been here only a week, but the people at the front desk are really nice and helpful. There are all 1-bedrooms in this complex, but they do things... (read more)

Clark on Franklin

1551 Franklin St SE, Grand Rapids, MI
Clark on Franklin is a senior assisted living and memory care facility located in a quiet and secure neighborhood in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Residents and loved ones praise the facility’s dining area and food options and appreciate the crea... (read more)

Heather Hills Retirement Village

1055 Forest Hill Avenue SE, Grand Rapids, MI
SharonSMJOY: "My mom was at Heather Hills Retirement Village. We didn’t have any problem with their assisted living. I wouldn’t highly recommend them because we weren’t terribly impressed with them. The assisted living was fine and lovely with good food... (read more)

Rest Haven Home

1424 Union NE, Grand Rapids, MI
Anonymous: "Rest Haven Home was fine. It's very religious, very clean, and nice. I only met one gentleman, but he was very nice. The dining room looked very nice. I was shown a 1-bedroom and I liked it. It was real nice as well."

Clark on Keller Lake

2499 Forest Hill Ave., Grand Rapids, MI
Loving Daughter: "Clark on Keller Lake was a beautiful place. They had integrated activities and integrated care, and it was very impressive. The grounds and the building itself were beautiful. There was nothing lacking about that place. It was well maintai... (read more)

Villa Maria Retirement Community, An Independence Village Community

1305 Walker, NW, Grand Rapids, MI
Anonymous: "My experience with Villa Maria was good. The environment was very nice. I liked it. The staff was very nice and very knowledgeable. The dining setup was very nice. They have outings, cards, exercising, and places for art lessons. I'm consi... (read more)

The Terraces at Samaritas Senior Living of Grand Rapids

2000 32nd St. SE , Grand Rapids, MI
CarlaBlinkhorn: "My mother and father moved to Maple Creek seven years ago. My father was very reluctant to move to a retirement community. Within months he had changed his mind completely. Both of my parents so enjoy the Maple Creek staff. Linda, Diane, D... (read more)

The Cottages at MapleCreek

3319 Maple Bluff St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI
At MapleCreek, you have the freedom to design your own day and live at your own pace, with respect, dignity and personal attention. We offer a complete range of senior housing choices, from in-home care to independent cottages and apartment... (read more)

Aurora Pond

2380 Aurora Pond Dr Sw, Wyoming, MI
Howard: "Aurora Pond was very nice. They're very helpful and nice. The grounds were nice, and you could walk to a couple of small restaurants there. The whole place was well kept up. They had all different kinds of things to do, like Bible groups a... (read more)

StoryPoint Rockford

2885 10 Mile Rd NE, Rockford, MI
Faith E: "The rooms are very adequate and give enough room for the things we want to keep and use. The staff is really the best part of living at StoryPoint as they are so very caring, friendly, helpful and accommodating. They make living at StoryP... (read more)

American House Jenison

8001 Cottonwood Drive, Jenison, MI
Deb K: "I like everything about American House. It’s fairly new, beautifully decorated, and very well-kept. I really like the option; it was month to month, you did not have to buy-in, and there wasn’t a lease contract. The lady gave us the tour, ... (read more)

Waterford Place

1725 Port Sheldon Street, Jenison, MI
Sue: "We placed Dad in Waterford Place and it's a very nice and brand-new place. We were told that anytime we want to join dad for meals, we're able to do that for a very small cost. Where Dad is at in the assisted living, the dining area is not... (read more)

At A Glance

There are 16 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,337 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Grand Rapids area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 52 reviews of independent living communities in the Grand Rapids area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 16 independent living communities in the Grand Rapids area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.