Assisted Living in Pleasant Grove
Manila Country Home338 West 2600 North, Pleasant Grove, UT
Brightwork Living--The Villa at Park Place565 East 300 South, Pleasant Grove, UT
Brightwork Living - The Villa on Canyon Road60 East 1200 North, Pleasant Grove, UT
Courtyard at Jamestown Assisted Living3352 North 100 East, Provo, UT
Osmond Senior Living in Lindon175 N. State Street, Lindon, UT
The Charleston at Cedar Hills10020 North 4600 West, Cedar Hills, UT
Bel Aire Senior Living1088 East 390 South, American Fork, UT
Highland Glen10322 North 4800 West, American Fork, UT
Cove Point Retirement1988 N Cove Point Ln, Provo, UT
Lake Ridge Senior Living960 S Geneva Road, Orem, UT
At A Glance
There are 30 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Pleasant Grove is $1,800 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Pleasant Grove area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 7 reviews of assisted living communities in the Pleasant Grove area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 30 assisted living communities in the Pleasant Grove area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pleasant Grove
Once known as Battlecreek due to land disputes between Mormon pioneers and Native Americans, this Utah city upgraded its moniker to Pleasant Grove in reference to a tree grove pioneers noticed upon arrival. Seniors wishing to call history-rich Pleasant Grove home have 38 nearby assisted living communities to choose from, three of which are located in the city itself. The Health Facility Licensing, Certification and Resident Assessment regulates the quality of care these assisted living communities provide so elderly residents feel safe and comfortable.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pleasant Grove
- Utah is one of 13 states that taxes Social Security benefits. However, qualifying seniors can get up to $450 back via a tax credit for retired residents.
- Pleasant Grove ranks at 76 for air quality on a scale of one to 100. While this is not a perfect score, it is 18 points higher than the U.S. average.
Temperatures change with the seasons in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Residents experience chilly winters, mild springs, hot summers and cool autumns. On average, temperatures generally don't fall below 20 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter or exceed 90 degrees Fahrenheit in the summer.
- Pleasant Grove seniors have a low risk of falling victim to crime. This city is safer than 82 percent of other U.S. cities, and it's also safer than many other parts of Utah. Utah residents have a 1 in 412 of experiencing violence, but that risk drops to just 1 in 3,230 for Pleasant Grove residents. Nearly 40,000 people live in Pleasant Grove, yet the city only averages eight vehicular thefts and 41 burglaries per year.
- Pleasant Grove's cost of living sits at 106.6, which is just 6.6 points higher than the national average. Utilities and groceries generally have lower prices in Pleasant Grove than other U.S. cities, but housing and transportation costs exceed the national average.
- The Pleasant Grove area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in American Fork.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pleasant Grove
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Pleasant Grove start around $1,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pleasant Grove and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pleasant Grove
Pleasant Grove seniors who already live at an assisted living facility but need help affording care can apply for the New Choices Waiver. The Aging Waiver for Individuals Age 65 or Older is for elderly individuals who need services but do not receive them. Medicaid manages the enrollment for both of these programs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pleasant Grove
Pleasant Grove and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pleasant Grove
Pleasant Grove-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.