Assisted Living in Rockville
AlfredHouse Florence18100 Cashell Road, Rockville, MD
Sunrise of Rockville8 Baltimore Road, Rockville, MD
Arbor Place4413 Muncaster Mill Road, Rockville, MD
AlfredHouse IV14519 Manor Park Drive, Rockville, MD
AlfredHouse I18114 Cashell Road, Rockville, MD
AlfredHouse III5030 Norbeck Road, Rockville, MD
AlfredHouse V18110 Cashell Road, Rockville, MD
Brightview Fallsgrove9200 Darnestown Road, Rockville, MD
Brightview West End285 N. Washington St., Rockville, MD
Raphael House1515 Dunster Ln, Rockville, MD
At A Glance
There are 85 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Rockville is $5,388 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Rockville area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 26 reviews of assisted living communities in the Rockville area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 85 assisted living communities in the Rockville area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rockville
Aging adults looking for assisted living facilities in the Rockville area have a lot of choices, with 22 in Rockville itself and another 133 located in neighboring towns that include Chevy Chase, Olney and Montgomery Village. These assisted living communities provide room and board in safe, comfortable residential settings, offering personal care services such as medication management and assistance with the activities of daily living, including grooming, dressing and bathing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rockville
- Public transportation in Rockville connects the city to Washington, D.C., via the Red Line of the Washington Metro, Amtrak and the Brunswick Line of MARC commuter train service. Buses and rail service are also available to get Rockville residents to BWI Airport and to downtown Baltimore, and Amtrack connects Rockville to Pittsburgh and Chicago.
- Montgomery County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Weather in Rockville can be hot and sticky during the summer, with thunderstorms to break the heat. While winters are cold, snowfall is typically not severe. When snow melts or rains are heavy, there's a possibility of flooding from the Potomac River.
- Rockville has an array of community resources for seniors, including Senior Connection, an organization that provides bill-paying assistance, pantry food assistance and free transportation to medical appointments, as well as one senior center.
- As part of the Washington, D.C., nexus, Rockville has a fairly high cost of living that runs 50 percent higher than the national average.
- The Rockville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Shady Grove Adventist Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rockville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Rockville start around $5,388 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rockville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rockville
Aging adults who need some financial assistance to pay for their assisted living care may be able to find help through government programs such as Group Adult Foster Care, which is administered by Medicaid, Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy and by Supplemental Security Income Category G, administered by the Social Security Administration.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rockville
Rockville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rockville
Rockville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.